VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday MAY 17, 2020...

Sunday MAY 17, 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/17/20 5:14 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 122.6, WW Bluepoints 8. My body definitely doesn't want to get down below 122. I would like to bounce around in the lower end of my target range so I will keep at it. It really isn't difficult to eat within my points except when there is wine or irresistible snacks. But my weight is low enough that I can really only go high once a week and still lose a bit. Two or more kills off any loss.

Yesterday Justice and I had a long neighborhood walk. It was warm enough to wear shorts, a tee shirt and flip flops! DS also helped me bring the deck furniture up from the basement and put it out. I washed the table tops and chair arms but will need to use the power washer on it after the worst of the pollen recedes in late June. We get so much pollen here on Cape Cod in June that it is sometimes like looking through a yellow haze.

Today I think I will go to Elise's bench and walk with a Justice along the ocean. There is lots of space to distance in. Youngest DD is coming later for a few days to celebrate her birthday and work from here. DS is very excited about cooking for her and already had her pick up rib eye steaks from a quality butcher in her area that DH used to frequent. DS ordered and pre-paid by phone including extra steaks so he could give them to his sister as gifts. There is nothing she likes better. My gift is a small kitchen dining set and coffee table which I will order once she moves into her new apartment. And I got her a sterling silver medic-alert bracelet with her epilepsy information (exciting, right?).

Have a safe and healthy day.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 5/17/20 12:13 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

It has been raining here since about 7:30pm last evening. Before it started, I did get in some yard work, and then we had a fire and a ****tail.

We watched Phantom Thread last night. What a gloriously distressing movie. I had no idea, but if you like completely whacked out, dysfunctional twists, well, I would recommend it.

Today has been even more low key than my typical quarantine days... We received another notice of a postponed wedding. Rescheduled to July 31,2021. If all the newly rescheduled events go off next summer, the summer 2021, will be, as my daughter just declared, lit.

This leaves us with another vacation scheduled in July with no destination. I'm just not sure how to travel short of buying an RV. That really is not in the budget plans for another 3 years... I suppose we could look into a rental.

CC C.
on 5/17/20 12:36 pm

DD, it's funny how different people's takes can be on movies! I hated Phantom Thread! Well, I loved the clothes and the setting and Daniel Day Lewis's performance, but the relationship between the two main characters was so weird and messed up and bizarre especially at the end, I just couldn't wait to get out of the theater (now I'd do anything to get back in a theater no matter what I had to watch!).

DiamondD
on 5/17/20 2:30 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I mostly felt like you did. The clothes, the setting, the lighting, all lovely. Then, what the heck? But I came to terms with it, sort of lime the movie Secretary. It was all those thing you said, bizarre, weird, messed up, but strangely, also consensual. What?!!!

CC C.
on 5/17/20 2:40 pm

Exactly!!! It was such a wild left turn, it threw me off the bus...

CC C.
on 5/17/20 12:36 pm

Hey all. Not much to report today as seems to be the case these days. I did somewhat better with my eating yesterday, but can do better. Off to take a walk...

ShirlAus
on 5/17/20 2:02 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All

Back at the city house late last night after a lovely weekend. Friday night after work we went to see my stepdaughter and her partner. I made her a dairy free orange cake to have with a cuppa. It was delicious - so moist. So wonderful to see them after so long. We got to the farm quite late afterwards. Saturday was a quick fruit and vegetable shop, then onto the mowers - the farm house yard and driveway etc is now looking much tidier. Marcus the bull was picked up and is now awaiting his next date. Saw our neighbour who was also at their block mowing and planting trees - they will build within the next year. Lovely people. We also popped over to see our neighbour 2 doors down - they had just finished a new polly tunnel and planted lots of veggies in there. Took a massive Beef & Red wine stew over to SIL. Was a lovely family catch up for dinner.

Sunday I started weeding the tree line and spraying. It was tough work as I cant climb the fence so had to walk up and down as I moved the vehicle with the sprayer. Got 6 bays done - only 15 to go ha ha ha. Also sprayed the weeds around the driveway trees and more spraying around the shed. We have had a wonderful autumn break but it has made the weeds explode. Left the farm at lunchtime to drop off some things at a friends then down to DSS for a visit. We ended up staying there and got takeaway for dinner. It was lovely to spend time with them all. I brought home a couple of bags of washing to help my DIL out - will take back when we go there on Tuesday night. Happy to help out as much as I can. Those grandbabies just melt my heart - lots of snuggles on the couch and put both of them to bed.

Bad nights sleep so have woken with a shocking headache. I think it may be a long day. Im taking mum to the hairdresser after work this afternoon. Its full steam ahead with getting her organised to move home on Friday night. Apart from that - hoping for a quieter day. I only have to make a coleslaw to go with dinner tonight so that will be easy

Will also pop back later to catch up on everyones news - I had best so start work

Love to you all

S

CC C.
on 5/17/20 5:08 pm

Drink lots of water for that headache! You may be dehydrated after all that hard work...

ShirlAus
on 5/18/20 3:22 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Thanks Cec - it cleared during the day - thankfully

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/18/20 5:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Shirl, I think a quiet day for you would still be exhausting for most of us!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!