VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday, October 8, ...

Sunday, October 8, 2023

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/8/23 6:17 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Today we drive the "kids" to Orlando stopping in Cocoa Beach on the way. They are staying near Universal for their last couple of nights before flying back north. DH did survive the long trek to the grill last night LOL. Luckily the rain that surprised us in the late afternoon stopped by the time he cooked. DD's boyfriend held a flashlight so he could see what he was doing. We have looked everywhere for the headlamp that DH brought here specifically on one of our earlier trips. We both remember seeing it here but can't remember where! I know that if I buy one it will undoubtedly turn up. Sigh...

We had good chats with DD and boyfriend and gained insight as to why his life is so interwoven with his family. He sees himself as the person who has to be responsible for everyone else for a lot of reasons stemming back to his childhood when his parent's rocky marriage made them all feel a lack of stability. Great guy but definitely complex. We also played a game which used names of famous people as the basis. I totally stunk at it because I can NEVER recall names easily. But I did do well at the bocce match between the kids and us yesterday winning all 3 games. If they get up early enough we may play another couple of games before we leave for Orlando.

Interesting comments from Diane S about stairs. Our place here doesn't have stairs though we have to take an elevator and neither does DH's Cape Cod home. But my home up north has both the large bedrooms upstairs. The small one downstairs is really only useful for occasional guests and as an office. Another good reason to sell it next year.

Time for at least a short Justice walk. Have a super Sunday!

CC C.
on 10/8/23 2:26 pm

Stormy day today all around, but no rain here yet. Skies are pretty though. I talked with 3 friends. The last one was my friend from the UK who is too blunt sometimes. It was over FaceTime and she gasped when I answered and said what happened to your hair?? And at no point did she reassure me it looked fine. I know it's too short. Lie to me if you have to! That's what friends are supposed to do when you have a bad haircut!

Last night I went to open the laundry room window to let the cooler air in. I raised the shade and a "Giant Golden Huntsman" spider ran up the window and under the shade! Gaaaaaah! They are nearly as big as a tarantula but can climb better. And I got the big vacuum to suck him up (no way he'd fit through the handheld spout) and I LOST HIM. I have a 3" spider roommate now. Please kill me. Bad hair and a giant spider on the loose.

Anyway, no other updates today...

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/8/23 2:47 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

OMG! I don't think I could survive the creatures around there! Your hair will grow.

DiamondD
on 10/8/23 7:56 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

OMG, the spider! Its a big house, hopefully your paths will never cross again, and it either dies a natural death, or exits the building!

DiamondD
on 10/8/23 8:03 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Liz, learning more about the boyfriend must mean he trusts you. It seems that once you really get to know someone, you find out, everyone has a story, everyone's life has complexities you can't see on the surface. Of course, some people's stories are more intense than others.

We stayed out late last night, and got home around 12:30am. I did sleep in, but still feel like I'll be able to get to sleep at a reasonable time.

Today was laid back, tidied the kitchen, read the paper, did some laundry and started the book, Lessons in Chemistry. Loving it so far.