VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, April 22, 2...

Monday, April 22, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/22/24 3:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I've got about 5 minutes until I need to be in the shower! We are meeting DSD (is that Darling Step Daughter?) and her husband at 7:45. We are starting early with the potential of taking a break in the afternoon and coming back to the pool (yeah!). The weather forecast has improved greatly as first it was projected to be 90 with showers, then rain all day, but now it is supposed to be 78 with clouds (no rain). I won't be doing many rides with my arm but that's okay with me.

Finding healthy options will be difficult. Also DSD and husband do a lot of munchy eating vs. meals which I actually don't do much of anymore (even before tirzepatide). I guess I will try to call something a meal if I see something healthy to eat. The good thing is that I don't feel deprived at all. But it will be relief when we are back in our regular eating environment.

Have a mild Monday!

CC C.
on 4/22/24 8:09 am

It's definitely getting light earlier. Kirby's new thing is to get up with the sun in his crate and be let out to come snuggle on my bed. I allow it because I want the extra rest and it's better than him being on my bed all night. He wiggles and sheds too much for that.

The scale is same this morning. Better 3 days in a row with no change than gaining!

We had so much fun on our plant shopping excursion. First we went to a cactus and succulent store (they had fabulous pots - I love mine, but these would have been great too). The only thing I touched was a succulent that we had a lot of in CA. I know it doesn't have any spines. Lucky me, this one had a spine that must have transferred there from a cactus! So I still have that in my finger. It's not visible at all for tweezering, but I sure feel it every once in a while. I bought a Cleveland sage plant and an artichoke agave.

Then we stopped for diet cokes (lordy it was hot down there. Hot here too, but 5 degrees makes a difference) and went to a more traditional growers nursery. We wandered there for a while and both filled a wagon with plants. I got a rose bush, a few iris, some lantana and another agave type plant. That one has baby plants (pups they're called) poking out the bottom of the pot. Free plants!

I turned the a/c on for the first time yesterday. It was 85. Same again today, the cools a little. It was the first day of the year at 100 degrees in Phoenix.

Lots of planting for me to do today. But that's all. Kirby still needs that bath, but that's so exhausting with a big hairy dog, I think I'll do it tomorrow. I do need to vacuum today. Really every day...

That's it for me. Just going to chug my Fairlife and get on with it. Hope you all have a great day!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/22/24 8:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Have you tried putting a blanket over Kirby's crate at night (at least on the brightest side)?

CC C.
on 4/22/24 10:32 am

Yes, it has a cover. The stinker still knows.

DiamondD
on 4/22/24 3:10 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

A 100 degrees in Phoenix, in April! And that is why we still haven't been to our niece's house, since traveling in the summer is really our only option. We'll have to visit in the fall when I retire.

ocean4dlm
on 4/22/24 8:41 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

I can't imagine Disney rides with a recovering shoulder ! The pool will be perfect therapy later ! Sadie sleeps with me, with a few visits to the cool floor. I have to wash my spread and blanket as well as the sheets weekly because of the fur/hair. Thanks for the reminders about cottage cheese being a great protein source. Somehow it drops out of my repertoire easily.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/22/24 8:46 am, edited 4/22/24 1:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
ocean4dlm
on 4/22/24 8:44 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

I can't imagine Disney rides with a recovering shoulder ! The pool will be perfect therapy later ! Sadie sleeps with me, with a few visits to the cool floor. I have to wash my spread and blanket as well as the sheets weekly because of the fur/hair. Thanks for the reminders about cottage cheese being a great protein source. Somehow it drops out of my repertoire easily.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/22/24 8:47 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The rides I've gone on have all been sitting and moving on a track slowly (no jolting). I have been able to look them all up ahead of time to make sure gate ok. Right now the other 3 are on a ride I can't do. I don't mind sitting at all. But no pool - it is quite cool and breezy right now.

And I love cottage cheese!

CC C.
on 4/22/24 10:34 am

Liz I think you told us you mix it into scrambled eggs too? that was pretty good.