Back On Track Together

Groups » Back On Track Togeth... » Discussion » Afternoon Tea Time!...

Afternoon Tea Time! My Challenge To You!

Kathy S.
on 1/8/09 4:27 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Hey Everyone

It's been another wild and crazy day on the boards  

I noticed something when I went to the gym last night and wanted to post about it.  The parking lot was so full I had to park in the next county (step counting wise was cool)   But as full as the gym was now I know this will only last for about 30 days.  Have you noticed it before and or guilty of it?  You get all geared up and then before you know it, run out of gas and say forget it.  I find it lasts between 2 weeks to 30 days 

What are we going to do here on the BOTT message board to keep us going?  We want to stay on track where we are posting photos of us in our bathing suits this summer? 

I for one, after getting my head around the basics with food and exercise need to dive into the reasons we make the choices that get us off track.  I for one want to practice working the tools I need to stay on track.

So I guess that is my challenge to you!    Can you hang in there?  Can you stay around and do the hard work?  Can  you trust me when I say we can do it together and forever? 

I KNOW WE CAN

Take care,
Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

NewJen
on 1/8/09 5:11 am - greensboro, NC

I must say that along with this and my other support group I take it

one day at a time

So that being said I know that I will eat my protein, drink my water and exercise today.  I can quit tomarrow.  But then tomarrow will be today!!!!

New for 2009
BeingJenAgain
243/156/145
5'4"

Boooper
on 1/8/09 7:57 am - Fitzwilliam, NH
I love your one day at a time saying. I printed it and put it on my fridge.
   "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you into something else, is the greatest accomplishment. "
Cathy W.
on 1/8/09 7:09 am
Hi Kathy,

You know what a day I also had today.  I was just a few steps away from the kitchen!  I made it though!  What was going on was so insignificant compared to being BOTT in our special group and how I've been feeling.  I also kept telling myself that no situation or person is worth compromising my momentum of being on track.  It worked!!

I truly believe we have an amazing group here and that together we can do this.  Whatever our goals are, WE CAN DO IT!

Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

mcnotk
on 1/8/09 2:04 pm
One thing that is helping me (and i'm not sure its the best) but I have an obsession for watching weight loss shows, .... I've dvr'd national body challenge, diet tribe, biggest loser, oprah.. on new years day I watched the half ton man, mom, teen and dad.     I think the only one I have no****ched is Ruby... which I've heard is good.   The scarey stuff is both a contestent on this seasons biggest loser and one of the women on Diet Tribe both have had RNY surgery and both are larger than where they started.    For me this helps to re-inforce that this is a 'TOOL' and it is up to me to ensure the tool is working the best it can.   

I know someone who had the surgery, the plastic surgery to remove excess skin etc.. I did not see him when he lost the weight, I had only heard how well he did.. I ran into him this past fall and he is as big as I ever remember him being.   

I'm so glad that Kathy & Cathy started this group.. its a safe place where we can all come for help and where we can also pass on some good tips to others.

DragonflyMoments
on 1/8/09 8:15 pm - Lisbon, ME
I love this group and just the idea that I have other people to talk to about my ups and downs gives me the will power/strength to make that day's good choices I need to make to get back on track and stay on track. I am scared to death that I would go back to where I came from and that I would fail, but no one is a failer as long as they are still trying right?

We are all here, and all had this surgery for a reason. We have some kind of addiction to food (or lack of addicaton to excercise) just like AA or NA or such to make it throught and keep the changes that we have decided to make we need help and support.

A triumph for me was yesterday. I was out shopping with my BF and it was lunch time (we were BOTH hungry). Our fav spot used to be the buffet in the mall. He asked if I would like to go there and at first I said no, because I didn't think that I could portion myself out and eat right but then I relazed that they have a soup and salad deal... We went and I had some soup (beef with lots of vegi's) and a small salad (that i didn't even eat 1/2 of) while he at e what he wanted to (and seeing me eat only when I would have allowed myself had him eating less *HUGE GRIN*...). Later in the day we were at the grocery store, I needed more lemon juice and bananas, and he wanted a snack for work (usually means something supper sweet and full of cal/fat/sugar) so he went to look in the bakery then turned around and told me that he wasn't going to get anything because he really didn't need it. I just gave him a hug and told him that it was a great choice and that I was proud of him. I do not want to push dieting on him, but it makes me compleatly over the moon happy that he supports me and is trying to make changes on his own!!!