Back On Track Together

Groups » Back On Track Togeth... » Discussion » Aug. 11...still str...

Aug. 11...still struggling and failing after 14 years

Tri_harder
on 8/11/20 2:47 am, edited 8/13/20 5:38 pm

Good morning botts

I really need to get bot. I eat about 2300 calories of healthy food most days. I haven't been to the gym since March because of Covid. I weigh 230 lbs. which is 60 lbs. more than my normal weight before surgery. I had to gain 30 lbs. to have a 35 bmi to have surgery. The reason I had surgery was to "cure my diabetes". Type 1 diabetes is not cured by a RNY. My surgeon gave me a short bypass and a large stoma. He never told me why, but I assume it is because I was a lightweight. I haven't felt like I have swallowed food since my surgery. Tests showed that food slides right through my pouch with little resistance since my rny in 2006. I had the restore trial in 2007 and it didn't work. They stopped the trial early because it didn't work on us and it wasn't worth the risk. I realize that if I burn 300 calories a day more and eat 300 calories a day less I will reach my pre surgery weight of 170. This sounds so simple, but for decades I am unable to do that consistently. My general health has deteriorated since the rny. Generally I am sad since my surgery. I quit my job shortly after the rny because I thought the stress of work was causing me to not lose weight and my husband had a good job. It didn't help. So that is my history. I am going to log my food again starting today and find some sort of exercise I can do around the house. I would be happy to get under 200 lbs. once again. Wish me luck....Tri

B: healthy breakfast sandwich 250 calories

S: avocado and whole grain crackers 250 calories

L: 3 oz. beef tenderloin, 1/2 oz. cheese and a pretzel roll 450 calories

S: strawberries, grapes and plain Greek yogurt and protein coffee 200

S: salad with Italian dressing 200 calories

S: my veggie soup 50

D: stir fry veggies, tenderloin, roll, 1/2 oz. cheese 500

S: strawberries, sf chocolate pudding, peanuts 150

total 2050 calories