SOUTHSIDE WLS SUPPORT GROUP

Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/10 3:25 pm - Hampton, GA
Topic: Is this group active?
 Just curious since the last post seems to be in late 2009.
Jeannie A.
on 12/29/09 10:16 pm - Stockbridge, GA
Topic: With the NEW YEAR!
Hello Friends,
I have a wonderful idea! I wanting to see if there is anyone that would like to take a mountain trip sometime around March or April.

I have gone on this kind on trip in years past. But due to the way finances were in 2009, it just did not come together. So here I am again going to try and see if there are any takers for 2010. I have found some cabins that are not really $$$$$$, and if you want a room by your self that is where the $$$$ will go up. But if you would like to share then the $$$$ will be divided by two.

If you would like to do something like this I would need to know somethings soon so that I can start working on the trip.

I do have some other friends that I have met here on OH that are planning on doing something and I know that you would have a lot of fun meeting others from all over. So just as soon as I know about how many would be intrested in going I can start looking.

Hug's
Jeannie
Jeannie Armstrong   
OH Support Group Leader
RNY 07/27/06 
sw358/ cw 175/ qw 175 to 160

I have been blessed with God's Help!

For those in GEORGIA come and join us at PEDMONT HENRY MEDICAL CENTER in the EDUCATIONAL BUILDING in Foundation Board room the 4th TUESDAY of each month at 6:30pm.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/jeannie4759_group/tab,0/page,1/#my_groups_main:1

Cathy W.
on 4/8/09 6:19 am
Topic: Congratulations to Deborah!
Hi Deborah,

Congratulations for your completion of the ObesityHelp Basic Bariatric Coaching Workshop.  You are now an ObesityHelp Support Group Coach!  Yeah you!

I enjoyed you being part of the workshop.  I am glad that you are an ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and can now add that you are an ObesityHelp Support Group Coach.

Thank you for all you do for OH and our members!

Again, congratulations!

Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Deborah T.
on 3/11/09 10:59 pm - GA
Topic: RE: CONGRATULATIONS - Your Group is a Featured Group!
Thanks Cathy.  Because of you and Debbie, it makes us strive to be even better.  And also, because we have a hold on our lives, and we Love helping our precious members.

Thanks,
Deborah  

GETTING HEALTHY ONE POUND AT A TIME

Deborah Turrell
Obesity Help Support Group Leader/Obesity Help Life Coach

Cathy W.
on 3/11/09 10:22 am
Topic: CONGRATULATIONS - Your Group is a Featured Group!
Hi Jeannie and Deborah,

I wanted to let you and your OH Group members know that you are one of our Featured Groups on the Group home page.

Check it out:  www.obesityhelp.com/group

Thanks for all you do as ObesityHelp Support Group Leaders!

Again, congratulations,
Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Ally61
on 2/19/09 7:35 pm - Naperville, IL
Topic: RE: Moved from Denver looking for a support group

This is an awesome group!...I think you'll find what you need here...We meet at Henry Medical so you don't have far to go...If you need any more information just send me a PM and if I can answer it and even if I can't, I'll be happy to help in anyway I can...Hope to see you at the meeting this month on Tuesday the 24th at 6:30 pm.

"... For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke12:48

jelaine5280
on 2/8/09 1:59 pm - Denver, CO
Topic: Moved from Denver looking for a support group
I have been living in GA almost 21/2 yrs but Im post-op 3 1months. I never inquired about a support group but I am in desparate need. My old habits are coming back and I need to get back on track as I dont want my weight to come back. PLease let me know if you accept new members to you support group. I live in Hamptoon but all of my doctors are in Stockbrdige so I am very familiar with the area. I need Help dealing with living with life after WLS.

Sincerely,

Jeanell E. Houston

Jelaine5280

Jeannie A.
on 12/1/08 8:12 pm - Stockbridge, GA
Topic: RE: My bowels are a little upset.
Hello June,
    Please check with your Doctor and see if you might ahve some kind of blockage. I had this problem and I was given a powered laxtaive and that really worked. The other reason that you might be having a problem is because of all the protien and no fiber. You might need to take something for fiber. See with all the protien we do not get enough FIBER.

Let me know if you are any better.

Hug's
Jeannie
Jeannie Armstrong   
OH Support Group Leader
RNY 07/27/06 
sw358/ cw 175/ qw 175 to 160

I have been blessed with God's Help!

For those in GEORGIA come and join us at PEDMONT HENRY MEDICAL CENTER in the EDUCATIONAL BUILDING in Foundation Board room the 4th TUESDAY of each month at 6:30pm.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/jeannie4759_group/tab,0/page,1/#my_groups_main:1

paintpr
on 11/30/08 8:02 am - Byron, GA
Topic: My bowels are a little upset.
Hi,
This is June P.  Post-Op was Nov 12, 08.  Thanksgiving was not too bad, as far as wanting to eat.  I wasn't hungry.  My kids and I did all the cooking and invited some friends over to eat.  I did eat about 2 tbsp of runny potatoes and runny cranberry jelly.  Today is Nov 30 and boy do my bowels hurt.  I eat from about 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups of  food a day ( of course 1/4 cup at a time) plus protein supplements.  Don't really know why my stomach hurts so bad.  I've had  no BM since Tuesday.  Today, Sunday I managed a small one, but it didn' t seem to help the pain.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?  I'm not eating any food tonight just drinking.
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks, June P.

marybethptc
on 11/8/08 3:21 am - Peachtree City, GA
Topic: RE: Tuesday 28th Oct Meeting
Jeannie

Thanks for much for organizing the support meetings and the lunch. I plan on being at Logan's.

MB