Recent Posts

Shelley J.
on 2/6/09 6:42 pm - Clinton, MS
RNY on 02/05/07 with
Topic: RE: I need Help
Hi Kristie,

You'll get no lectures here! (I would certainly hope NO ONE would do so on this board).  I don't have any advice you haven't already identified.  Perhaps the 5 day pouch test? I have heard a lot of people here mention it and they say it just reminds them that the tool still works and seems to be a kickstart to getting on the right track again.  I think you can find it on Sparkpeople.com or even on this site. When I got my pre-surgical psych eval, I know the therapist warned me about soda. He said it was a one way ticket to gaining the weight back. Given how many pre- and post-op folks he sees, I had to believe him (he also had the surgery).  

Mostly I just wanted to offer support and say I am sorry you are going through this.  I  know this is one our biggest fears as WLS patients.  Hang in there - try not to beat yourself up and move forward with better decisions each day.

I'm thinking about you and routing for you!

Shelley J.
Clinton, MS

284.5/140

KimOT17
on 1/5/09 11:45 pm - Vestal, NY
Topic: RE: Gaining!!!
This is happening to me too and I am FREAKED out!!!  I am no longer able to eat sugar and haven't had one bit in almost 2 years.  I used to eat ice cream for breakfast!  However, now my new games are to eat chips and sugar free foods!  Luckily if i eat too much of the sugar free foods I get an upset stomach.  I also find that I'm able to eat bigger portions, which scares me too! I know that I need to go back to counting fat and calories...perhaps using fitday.com again.  I know that I need to go to the gym more frequently.  However....I just don't!  I need to be motivated!
KristieG
on 12/27/08 10:07 am
Topic: I need Help
I have lost about 68 pounds and now I have gained about 30 of it back.  I am so angry with myself.  Please can someone help me.  I know I am to eat on a small plate and eat the protein first then the veg and fruit is that right?  I know what one of my biggest problems are and that was that I started to drink regular pop again.  I am a pop a holic.  My knees were starting to feel SO much better and now that I have gained my weight back they are starting to hurt and I am limping all the time..  I know what I have to do. I need to start exercising more and eating right.. I need some help to get back on track again, Please no lectures because I already feel horrible already.  IF anyone has ideas for me please let me know.. thanks
AngieB67
on 12/22/08 7:09 am - Bel Air, MD
Topic: RE: Gaining!!!
My doc told me that a little bounce-back from your lowest point after your weight-loss window  was to be expected.  So in my book, I think you're pretty normal.

---------------------------------

AngieB67
on 12/22/08 7:07 am - Bel Air, MD
Topic: RE: Is your WINDOW still open?
That's awesome Susie!! 200+ pounds!! Way to go!

SUSIEQQ62
on 12/19/08 8:41 am - EXETER, PA
I am still losting --but very slowly ow--I have lost about 25 lbs since May.. I have not gotten to my goal yet--stil like 47 lbs away.. But i had 250 lbs to lose all together--Not sure if i will ever get to goal.. But praying i will--My goal is 198 as i am tall. My surgery was 2/6/07 and i have lost a total all together of 203 lbs from before and after my RNY..

God Bless
Merry Christmas all
SUSIE

SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

Susie Smith from PA    

Donna I.
on 12/19/08 8:08 am - Kempner, TX
Topic: Gaining!!!
I reached my goal within 8 1/2 months with a total loss of 113 lbs.  I began gaining again this past summer and have since put back on 10 lbs.  I find myself playing the same old games in my head.  Any ideas?

kkortsen
on 12/1/08 1:11 pm - AZ
Same with me....I am 10 pounds under goal.....But have been at this weight for the past month.  Up 3, down 3...etc.   overall, very happy indeed!  Congrats to you!!

Kent

373 Highest weight
357 Surgery weight
180 Current weight
AngieB67
on 10/30/08 4:07 pm - Bel Air, MD
Topic: Is your WINDOW still open?
Hey Gang!
(Our board sure is quiet!)

Now that we're all about 20 months post-op, I'm curious as to whether your window of weight loss is closing?  When I had my surgery, my doc told me that I could expect to lose weight within an 18-month window.  Which was cool for me and I was able to lose 100% of my excess weight during that timeframe and seemed to stop losing.  But I got on the scale earlier this month and noticed that I'm down 5 more pounds which was a surprise for me!!

Anybody else out there still losing???

MistersMom65
on 9/11/08 4:54 am - TN
Topic: RE: Happy 18 month Anniversary Everyone
I had mine on Feb 28th. I have went from a 22/24 to a 8/10!! I have went from 152 lbs to 135 lbs!!! I am having PS on Oct 8th, a Facelift/Browq lift/Eyelid 7 Breast Lift!! I am excited & scared. I cannot believe how far I've came in the last 1 1/2 .

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 743 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 764 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 715 views