Recent Posts

Debbie K.
on 10/26/13 5:09 am - CA
Topic: RE: Hair Loss?

Congrats on the weight loss. I'm losing mine slowly, too.  I heard it could happen after my sleeve in May of this year.  I see protein needs to be at  70 and will have to increase my intake. Best of luck.enlightened

Kelly P.
on 1/6/13 2:05 am - Plattsburgh, NY
Topic: RE: to all you FEB LOSERS!!!
On February 1, 2007 at 5:48 PM Pacific Time, Rebekkah T. wrote:
Good luck to each of you who are having your surgery this month!!! Can't wait to hear all your stories! I wish you all a fast and easy recovery

You are always so sweet. Sorry I haven been on the site in a while. Its Kelly Peary!!!!!!!!! I know long time no hear. Hope you are well. Good luck to everyone!!! Hello again Rebekkah T.  new username is Peary3   

AngieB67
on 2/27/12 7:14 pm - Bel Air, MD
Topic: Happy 5-YEAR Surgiversary Everyone!
 Just a quick note to wish everyone who had their WLS in Feb of 2007 a happy surgiversary. Can you believe it was 5 years ago??

---------------------------------

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/10 11:00 am
Topic: RE: Coffee??
I am so glad you asked that!   I too am a coffee drinker 2x12oz and love my CoffeeMate Hazelnut.  I will change over to SF...  Good to know that I can drink coffee following surgery.
SUSIEQQ62
on 2/13/10 2:18 am - EXETER, PA
Topic: RE: Join us in 2010
WHAT A GREAT IDEA JOHN-
 I AM STILL LOSING SLOWLY--I DO GAIN LIKE 5 POUNDS ONCE A MONTH IN FLUID AND THEN LOSE IT--BUT I HAVE LOST 215 LBS AND IT WAS MY 3rd YR ANNICERSARY FROM SURGERY ON 2/6..
 I PRAY THAT PEOPLE JOIN YOUR TEAM/GROUP--I AM AFRAID OF GAINING ANY WEIGHT--I AM STILL ON INSULIN AND I HAVE LIKE 35 MORE LBS TO GO TO MY GOAL AND NOT SURE I  WILL GET
THERE..
 WELL HOPE YOUR YEAR IS GOING WELL FOR YOU SO FAR.
BEST OF LUCK WITH THE NEW GROUP

SUSIE SMITH FROM PA

SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

Susie Smith from PA    

SUSIEQQ62
on 2/13/10 2:04 am - EXETER, PA
Topic: HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
HAPPY SURGIVERSARY TO ALL OF MY WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY FRIENDS HERE FROM FEB 2007..
 I PRAY THAT YOU ALL HAVE MET YOUR GOALS.
  I HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 215 LBS NOW--BUT I AM 35 POUNDS AWAY FROM MY SET GOAL--BUT I AM VERY HAPPY WHERE I AM--NOT TOO HAPPY ABOUT THE LOOSE SKIN --ESPECIALLY ON MY BELLY--BUT MY INSURANCE WILL NOT LET ME EVEN SEE A PLASTIC SURGEON--I HAVE GEISINGER HMO AS MY PRIMARY INSUR AND MEDICARE AS MY SECONDARY..
 WELL HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOME OF YOU TO SEE HOW U ARE DOING..
 I AM PRAYING FOR YOU ALL..
HUGS TO YOU ALL
  SUSIE SMITH FROM PA

SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

Susie Smith from PA    

John W.
on 1/1/10 9:12 am - Near Topeka, KS
Topic: Join us in 2010

Hi February 07 surgery folks,

I'm inviting you to a little group to help those (yes, including myself) who have gained 10 or more pounds beyond that lowest weight. We are calling it the "Drop 10 for 10 Challenge". You can easily join this group by going to www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410. I'm hoping that with your help we can generate a little excitement and enthusiasm for getting back on track. We will have a monthly weighin, but it will only be pounds off since the start of the new 2010 decade. Your participation is only what you want to make it. I'm pumped up and ready to get back on track for 2010.

There are no hard and fast rules for joining, but you really should be at least 10 pounds above your lowest post-surgery weight and interested in getting things back in line.

Let's get this new decade off to a great start.

John Wurm

Start Wt: 347 --  Lowest: 191 --  Current: 216.2  --  Goal: 197

2 MINUTE VIDEO JOURNEY    ENJOY HERE ----> http://tinyurl.com/Jonoba07

New in 2010
Regain of 20 pounds has thrown me for a loop - will not let this get the best of me - what am I doing about it?
www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410

Tammi H.
on 10/22/09 11:42 am
Topic: RE: Gaining!!!
I have regained 60 pounds, never did make it to my goal weight. I don't know what to do. I can eat sweets and find myself doing just that. I have to get back into seeing a bariatric dr cus of a move I never even seen one for my 1 year anaversery, so getting everything checked out is my first goal, and then see what they suggest to get weight off, even if it is a revision I will do it, cus I have to do whatever it will take to get back down. Life was much better for me when I weight less.
Shelley J.
on 9/13/09 9:41 pm - Clinton, MS
RNY on 02/05/07 with
Topic: Reality

You were my answer for everything –

My celebration when I was happy, my comforter when sad

My company when lonely,  my filler when empty.

I would look to you to mark every holiday, event, and family gathering as I knew you would always be there.

You were dependable, reliable, and ever present.

Then I betrayed  you. 

I altered my body so you and I could no longer connect.

Without warning – you were shunned from my life and our relationship was forever altered.

But I miss you.  What do I do now with the time, with the desire, with the need for you?

It is an ongoing battle between body and mind.

Though physically, I got what I wanted, mentally, I suffer for the loss.

I try to replace you – a futile effort that only leads to self-destruction.

Now, you are utilitarian in function.  Now, there is no joy in our meeting.  Now, you are but a tool to continue living.

How did this happen?  What have I done?

You are but fuel to keep my body alive – nothing more.

Though dysfunctional, I miss our relationship, I am saddened by the loss.

I feel like a freak in my own body – with physical signs of our previous relationship reminding me daily of what we once had.

One day I will be over this – I tell myself that everyday. 

But as the days, months, and years pass, I realize you were more to me than you should have ever been.

I was addicted to you.  I allowed you to fill the holes that existed within myself, that can only be filled through self evaluation and healing.

You are still with me – but a shadow of the one I knew.  We are no longer lovers yearning for one another, but merely acquaintances that pass on a busy city street with a polite nod.

I must let go of what we once had, and accept our new fate.

The mourning must end and I must move on.

I must look within myself for the answers and realize it was never you who  held them for me.

Shelley J.
Clinton, MS

284.5/140

RainSpirit
on 7/31/09 2:21 am - Martinsville, IL
Topic: Plastics scheduled at long last YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!!!!! I got my surgery date this morning! August 27th at 10:00AM Indiana time! Panni and abnoplasty and hernia repair!

"Baby the rain must fall"

Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 740 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 762 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 713 views