Hello Cali board!

MarySarrica
on 3/29/12 10:49 am, edited 4/2/12 2:34 am - Concord, CA
DS on 07/30/12
Hello fellow Californians!

I am Mary, I am 30 years old. I am married to a fabulos guy, and I have a 5 year old daughter. I am in the S.F bay area, working towards having WLS, in the program through kaiser Fremont.

I am "new" here (though I have technically had an OH account for a couple years).
I'm just wanting to introduce myself around and get active on the boards. 
I would love to connect with some local people on the same journey, and I LOVE sucesess stories!

who are you?
Michelle C.
on 3/29/12 1:49 pm - Oakley, CA
Hi Mary -

Welcome to the Cali board :), I had RNY, 19 months ago have lost 95 lbs since WLS (down 150 total).  I had my surgery at Kaiser Fremont, Dr. Chu.   How far in the process are you?

There is a great group of people that meets at Coco's once a month in concord.  They are very supportive!  We also have a meeting in Brentwood every 3rd Wednesday another great & supportive group.  

I am always willing to share my experience and story. Just send me a message if you have any questions. 

Good luck with your journey! 

HW 315/SW 260/CW 164/GW 160

MarySarrica
on 3/29/12 2:52 pm - Concord, CA
DS on 07/30/12
Hello! Great to "meet" you! I have the referral from my PCP and have had the first 2 hr class. I have surgery orientation on Sunday. I *think* after this the things I need is a 1 on one with a surgeon and psych, then after the required weight loss, I can be scheduled? I guess i'll find that all out Sunday.

I'm glad to hear there is some local support! I'd ;ove to come to the next coco's meeting if i'm able!

I'm sure i'll have questions for you lol!

Ty, & congrats on yours!
Nicole S.
on 4/18/12 1:37 am - Vallejo, CA
Good morning and hello! 

I had VSG surgery through S SF Kaiser 8 months today actually and currently am down 91.8 lbs.  (30-40 lbs from goal).  I live in Vallejo with my two furbabies.

This will be the journey of a lifetime, and enjoy the ride!!

Nicole
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

NUJoyce
on 4/18/12 1:31 pm - Hayward, CA
Hi:

I am in Hayward.   I had surgery October 4th.   I had the sleeve.  I have a 4 year old daughter.   I am currently separated from my husband but always hoping he will change his mind.    I would be happy to meet up some time and walk and have our kids run around a park.  

Joyce

Deb B.
on 4/20/12 1:58 am - East Bay Area, CA
Hello Mary,
Welcome- the boards have gotten a bit thin as subgroups have gravitated to facebook etc.
OH's format isn't very user friendly :-(
I am checking in after being away for a while...

I am almost 3 yrs out...same DR as Michelle above and Kaiser.  Sounds like you have Kaiser too.
Come to the Concord luncheon- great group of Oh'ers. I think Barb still posts the dates here.
Good luck you're on your way :-)

Paula R.
on 4/26/12 6:27 am - CA
VSG on 08/21/12
Hi Ladies!

I'm also in the Bay area.. I live in Pittsburg, work in Martinez and will be having my sugery at John Muir Medical Center, Concord Campus with Dr Otero.  I am just waiting for a consult date with Dr Otero and I'll be on my way. I started this process in December and got set back with a back injury. I was in the process 8yrs ago and wasn't in the right frame of mind as I now realize. I'm scared, I won't lie. But i'm excited for a new life, a new healther life for me and for my 2yo son and my husband. I'm hoping to have it early June but it will happen when it's supposed to, right? 
Most Active