MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

newthinme79
on 2/22/10 1:11 am
Hello, I am new and looking for a Doctor to do the Lap Band for Medicaid.  I called Medicaid directly and they said there were no doctors on board but they do pay for bariatric surgery.  I hope someone reads my post and gets back to me.
mbellard
on 5/5/10 5:38 am - crowly, LA
CALL TULANE MEDICAL CENTER...504-988-5800 DR. CHARLES BELLOWS
missminime1234
on 7/23/10 11:27 am - St Bernard, LA
medicaid?
missminime1234
on 7/23/10 11:19 am - St Bernard, LA
If you find anything please let me know...thanks
louisianacountrygirl
on 10/3/10 11:14 pm - vinton, LA
I dont know if you have found a dr yet or not but Dr bellows at Tulane does lap band and sleeve. Hope it helps..Sherri

trionapoole
on 8/20/10 4:23 am - Harvey, LA
Dr. Steeb was my surgeon and yes I have also heard that his license has been suspended. He was supposed to return in February but has not come back yet. In my opinion,  he is an awesome  Dr. I stll go to the clinic because I see a plastic surgeon there and Dr. Steeb is stll not back.

Triona
sbsg_52408
on 3/18/10 1:39 am - LA
I am 29 years old with two small kids. I am obese and there seems to be no way to fix it. I am tired all of the time and have shortness of breath. I can barely keep up with my kids and i am extremely depressed. I have five herniated discs in my  back and thinks its from being overweight. I have contacted the only doctor in louisiana that i was aware of that took medicaid. Dr. Steeb, and they said that hes on medical leave so they dont have a surgeon and they dont know when he will be back. Does anyone know of anyone else that take Medicaid for weight loss surgery and how do i go about getting approved for it? Could i possibly go to anyone and then medicaid would reimburse me? this is all so new to me but i am needing help. I live near baton rouge so someone within a couple of hours from me would be great. Thanks!
Candy01
on 5/29/13 2:17 pm - LA
Dr wooldridge at Oschner
swampguy
on 3/25/10 3:37 am, edited 3/25/10 3:38 am

I live here in BR and was having trouble finding a doctor.  Being on Humana Medicare Advantage I called them and they have a special department for weight loss surgery.  They recommend Ochsner's in New Orleans.  I went to the first meeting and there were guite a few people on Medicare and Medicade.  Here is the contact info

Dr, James Wooldridge and Dr William Richardson
504-842-4070
Ochsner New Orleans (not any of their other locations)
1514 Jefferson Hwy, New Orleans, La 70121
www.ochsner.org
[email protected]

mbellard
on 5/5/10 5:36 am - crowly, LA
DOCTORS WOOLDRIDGE AND RICHARDSON DO NOT ACCEPT MEDICAID!!!!
Most Active