MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Dezzy-23
on 12/18/11 11:01 pm - LA
VSG on 06/13/12
Thanksalot  for those #'s!!!! I had the main line # but not Sheila's.
amybee68
on 3/23/13 10:53 am - Houma, LA

I am hoping that this dr still takes medicaid...i have been needing help and thank goodness I found this sight, 

shortnspicey1
on 5/16/13 2:33 am

I am a candidate for the gastric vertical sleeve procedure and am  Medicaid recipient. I started my process with Tulane and due to personal/family reasons had to stop. I resumed the process in 02/2013 through Ochsner then in May 2013 Ochsner decided not to renew their LaCare contract. I am now stagnant in my process due to the insurance change and am currently awaiting to either get switched from my current plan to another Medicaid plan that Ochsner does accept OR have Ochsner submit an out of network request to Medicaid so that i can move forward and get my surgery scheduled. This has been a nightmare and I have looked up options to help pay for the surgery, but haven't had ANY success. If anyone knows of anything to help me, please help! Thanks!!!

amybee68
on 5/16/13 1:14 pm - Houma, LA
Hi! I just read your msg and i called oshners today. The lady said since i have lacare and they dont take that anymore for me to change to ameri group. So i called medicaid to change but i missed the open dates to be able to change. So now i have to wait til next jan and change it since it goes by parish. Maybe you can see if your able to change medicaid providers. But i do know the lady at oschners said i had to go to a seminar first before seeing the dr but only after changing insurances. Hope this helps and if you get any info please let me know...thanks
Susan_1
on 6/24/14 12:09 pm - Covington, LA

I too just found this out yesterday .... at least we DO know where to go in January ..LOL

Candy01
on 5/20/13 8:50 am - LA
I'm going through the same thing. I go to Ochsner and I have La Care now they are no longer accepting I was told I had to do 6 dietician visit and my sixth one will be in June but lacare said after June 1st you can't no longer go unless the doctor office call the Un office for a authorization # and Ocshner said they can't get a authorization # until the surgery date is set. So now I'm stuck this is so frustrated and if I knew that lacare wasn't going to sign a contract with Ochsner I would have left them durning my open enrollment now they telling me I have to wait til December if you find another doc plsssssss let me know and I will do the same on my end. Smh
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/08 1:30 am
I am also a Medicaid recipient and I would like to have Gastric Bypass Surgery.  I called the Medicaid office and was told they will pay for the surgery but they have no surgeons doing the surgery now.  Please help me find a surgeon that will accept Medicaid!!
LOVEBEINGHEALTHY

on 9/16/08 12:35 am
missminime1234
on 7/23/10 10:27 am - St Bernard, LA
did you find anyone?? I am searching too! thanks
rika76
on 8/30/10 9:51 am - New Orleans, LA
hey did you find anyone to do your weight loss surgery i contacted tulane and they take medicaid and i have my first appt. sept 1, 2010 first you need to get your doctor to fax over a referral and then call and get your appt.
Most Active