MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

aet70506
on 2/3/09 3:52 am
Thanks  for the info please keep me informed. I have had no luck, also can you tell me the doctors name?
LOVEBEINGHEALTHY

on 4/3/09 1:44 am
Gayla S.
on 3/18/09 8:29 pm - Leesville, LA

Hello. I just wanted to give a link that lists all the places in Louisiana that accept Medicare. There is only one on this list that has recently stopped taking Medicare and it's the last one, "The Women And Children's Hospital" with Dr Keith Chung. The rest, to my knowledge, are accepted. Here is the link:

http://www.cms.hhs.gov/MedicareApprovedFacilitie/BSF/list.as p?filtertype=dual&datefiltertype=&datefilterinterval=&filter type=data&datafiltertype=4&datafiltervalue=LA&keyword=&intNu mPerPage=10&cmdFilterList=Show+Items

Kathy S.
on 3/19/09 12:01 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Hello,

This would be great information...the link does not work.  Can  you provide one that does?

Thank you again for posting this!

Take care,
Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Gayla S.
on 3/19/09 12:37 pm - Leesville, LA
Hi again Kathy. I am not sure why the link isn't working on your end. I came back to it and clicked on it and it opened just fine on my end. Perhaps it's because I have it saved in my favorites. I'm unsure of how to post it another way but I will list the doctors here if that will help.

*Christus Schumpert Health Center Shreveport, La (the
  last I checked with them, they only provided the LAP
  Band for Medicare and Medicaid, no other procedures)

*Willis Knighton Health System Shreveport, La (the last I
  checked with them, they also only provided LAP Band)

*Southwest Medical Center Lafayette, La (they provide
  all and the following are divisions of them that also
  accept Medicare and Medicaid and provide all) :
   *Fairway Medical Covington, La
   *Oschner Clinic Foundation New Orleans, La
   *Southern Surgical Hospital Slidell, La

Hope this helps! I'm really sorry the link didn't work! God bless you! Gayla
ltiblierjr
on 6/17/09 9:56 pm
Southern Surgical Hospital told me they don't accept MEDICAID...I'm not sure about Medicare...but they flat denied me because all I have is medicaid....the sad thing about it is I live in Slidell, and there's hardly any help at all for anyone on Medicaid needing specialty care
missminime1234
on 7/23/10 10:37 am - St Bernard, LA
did you ever find anything? I am looking as well.. thanks
(deactivated member)
on 3/19/10 8:17 am - New orleans, LA
Hi,
 I live 1 mile from Oschner Clinic Foundation in  New Orleans I see thats on the list you posted. problem is I'm on medicaid only. Do you know what doctor accepts medicaid only, in New Orleans. Dr. Steeb lost his license.
                                Brenda
Gayla S.
on 3/19/10 11:59 am - Leesville, LA
Hi Brenda. I'm sorry, I really have no idea about Medicaid only. I know for a long time, Medicaid wasn't paying for it but I have recently heard that they had started. I hope you find out soon though! If I hear anything, I'll be sure to let you know!

Frances S. is my ANGEL!
381/287/120- HW/CW/GW I'm 5'2"

trionapoole
on 8/20/10 4:09 am - Harvey, LA
Dr. Steeb lost his license and I was sorry to hear that but I I am glad I was able to have my sleeve done with him before he lost it. I thought he was an excellent Dr. I had no problems with hime at all. He did the sleeve and removed my gallbladder at the same time.
Most Active