Monday Morning Weigh-in--a wake-up call for me!

rjsams
on 9/26/11 2:04 am - Eagan, MN
Good morning!

For me it was not-so-good.  I have been eating too much and too poorly for the last week, and it really showed on the scale!  What a wake-up call--time to get the scale moving back the other way by getting back to the rules. 

Starting weight:  298.4
Last week:  137.3
This week: 140.9
This week:  GAIN of 3.6 lbs

It is absolutely my own fault, and so I'm taking ownership.  This morning I went out and ran 5 miles (which was in my training plan for today, so it wasn't a direct reaction to the scale).  But I need to get a handle on the carbs, I think.  They are creeping back into my diet and taking hold.

Julie6
on 9/26/11 4:02 am
Well, admitting it is a good start.  You're actually very brave to do that.  Alot of us keep it hidden and try to forget it.  (Speaking for myself.) Sounds like you've had a good morning with that big run.  Just take one day at a time.  Have a great week.
Julie Sadek    
Jessica A.
on 9/26/11 9:30 am - Auburn, AL
 I understand this very well Renae!  I gained a pound this week!  I made a lot of bad choices this past week.  I am nipping this in the bud immediately.  It helps that I have my nine month check-up next month to keep me focused so i'm in good standing with my surgeon.  ;)  I also purchased my ticket for Europe so it's a done deal!  I am going on November 30th....WAHOOO!!!!  So I also need to maintain my svelt self so I can look hot for my guy in Germany that i'm traveling with.  I can't wait!!  Our itinerary keeps getting modified but for now we will be seeing Germany, Prague, Bulgaria, Austria, France and Switzerland.  

Shanneee
on 9/26/11 2:11 pm - MN
Starting weight:  303
Last week:  265
This week: 261

Slowly but surely...it's coming off... Looking forward to being in the "50's" again!

redsnapper1975
on 9/26/11 9:50 pm
A slow week for me (still in the honeymoon phase) but I'll take it.  :)  Hoping for minus 85 next week.  Two lbs to go.

Starting/Highest Weight: 313
Day of Surgery: 300
Last Week: 230.8
Today: 230

~ Kim

Julie6
on 9/26/11 11:44 pm
I'm sure with the low lbs. off this week you will have a big one next week.  Hey, losing anything is great.  Hang in there.
Julie Sadek    
redsnapper1975
on 9/27/11 9:06 am
Thanks, Julie!  :)

~ Kim

rjsams
on 9/27/11 1:23 am - Eagan, MN
I'm happy to report that I am making positive changes and it showed on today's scale==down a lb since yesterday, so that's good.  (Got rid of that 4 in the tens digit, anyway.)  Not that 140 is bad--my goal weight was 150 originally, then I changed it down to 145.  But having stayed at 137 or so for a couple of months, it really freaked me out to go back up.

I'm glad for the freak-out.  I want to keep that kind of reaction, because it makes me react in a good way. 

So glad to see that yo uall are making positive progress!  Yay for us!!

lilbear412
on 9/30/11 1:37 pm - MN
 in slow beginners stage here but in almost 6 weeks i have lost about 42lbs.  I can't even imagine being 140 lbs again like you rjsams.  Its not even a thought process for me.  lol  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

rjsams
on 10/2/11 10:57 am - Eagan, MN
Just keep following the program and exercising, and you will get there, too.  I admit, I didn't expect it either, but I'm glad I'm here.  The hard part is staying here, which I want to do for the rest of my life.  It's a lot of work!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1637 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1245 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2721 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2776 views