MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/08 10:45 am - Fairborn, OH
I do believe that my surgeon's office does.  As a matter of fact I remember them saying how much easier it was to get approved through medicare.  Dayton Bariatric Center, 1-877-298-0200.  www.daytonbariatriccenter.com.
BotanicalBath
on 2/28/08 6:29 am - Columbus, OH
Hi everyone, Just thought I would add what I found today. I just got off the phone with St. Vincent Charity Hospital Cleveland and they do not take care source, nor do they do the VSG. Riverside Hospital Columbus Does not take care source or any Medicaid programs, but they will do the VGS.  Since it is after 5, I will be giving Cleveland clinic a call tomorrow.  I really wanted to stay close to home, but since my family is in Cleveland.... Well it is second best next to sleeping in your own bed. 
MeltingMichele
on 7/10/10 11:13 am - Grafton, OH
How strange to hear you say St. VIncent's told you that the don't do the sleeve. My husband's surgery is on the 19th and my daughter and I are just waiting for insurance approval. Dr. Ben Meir is doing our surgeries, all 3 are VSG! If you like SVCH over CC or UHC I would try to reach his office directly. Best of luck to you!

Keep  away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.-M.Twain

BotanicalBath
on 7/10/10 11:33 am - Columbus, OH
How strange that you dont read the date of a post.
MeltingMichele
on 7/10/10 11:42 am - Grafton, OH
Oh boy you are so right...that is a very old post. It was my very first (and likely now last) time on the Ohio Weight Loss Forum. I usually go to the VSG forum and things move along constantly there so I have never had to consider it. Sorry if my attempt to help (I have gotten incorrect information before and I was just trying to let you know that they do the VSG) caused you any inconvenience.
Laura B.
on 12/6/12 5:44 pm - Lima, OH
I would just ignore mean ppl like that person fat or not fat some ppl are just RUDE.
MeMaPat
on 3/10/08 5:01 am
Hi, In Ohio, Dr. Rita Anderson in Kettering, Ohio,  accepts Medicare, I don't know about Medicaid.  Rita M. Anderson 3533 Southern Blvd., Suite 2250, Kettering OH  45429 937-534-0330 Affiliated with Kettering Medical Center I know the Cleveland Clinic accepts Medicare for their bariatric surgery program, not sure about Medicaid.  I don't have the number but it should be easy to find as it is a big facility in Cleveland, Ohio. Hope this helps someone. Pat
toomuchme08
on 3/11/08 1:46 am - Northwest, OH
Pat... The phone number for the Cleveland Clinic's Bariatric Center is: 1-800-223-2273  ex-52224.  After all of the hospital and bariatric doctors I have searched for in my area (northwest Ohio), the only one I could find that accepted Medicare was the Cleveland Clinic.  So I am in the initial process of having my surgery there.  Now to find a good bariatric surgeon from the CC that accepts Medicare. I have been playing detective for the last few weeks searching for both a hospital and doctor who accepts Medicare.  Cleveland is quite a drive from my house, but if I can get this surgery done, it should be well worth the drive(s).   Susie

Allergan 10 cc band:  First fill: 4cc'c  9/8/08   Second fill: .9cc's  10/13/08  
Third fill:  1cc  2/11/09....   Total in band -- 5.9cc's   Very slooooow weight loss!

BW- 273 /  CW -250 /  GW- 170     Total weightloss to date:  23 lbs. ( in 10 months )  Sept. 22, '09-- Had .2 cc's removed from my band.  Slowly gaining back the weight.  Up 10 lbs. CW- 260  Lapband not working for me!

MeMaPat
on 3/11/08 1:51 am
Hey Susie....good for you!  Determination is the name of the game.  I have heard lots of good things about the program at Cleveland Clinic.  Please keep me posted how you are doing. I feel a little better today...the surgery is no problem but the flu and fever was.  Fever has now broken and am off to see the md for meds for my bronchitis and asthma.  This is keeping me down and not able to walk a lot.  Bu****ch me go when I am feeling better in a few days. Pat
Laura B.
on 11/14/08 3:25 am - Lima, OH

Dr. Rita Anderson doesnt take medicaid. I just went to there office on tues.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1104 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1483 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2367 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2268 views