New Here !

Beachgirl77
on 4/27/17 10:51 am

Going to my dietitian and social worker appointments tomorrow at HRRH and super nervous ! Any advice or what to expect would great ?

Mahalo F.
on 4/27/17 11:13 am

Welcome!

I would not worry too much about your appointments.

Dietician will discuss dietary expectations throughout this journey. They like for you to implement changes to prepare you for your RNY or Gastric Sleeve surgery.

Begin by drinking at least 1-2 litres of water daily. Try to reduce or eliminate caffienated drinks. Try to reduce or eliminate carbonated drinks. Start with portion control. They will discuss the importance of taking all your vitamins. Importance of protein throughout this journey. They will ask you to start practicing eating and waiting 30 before drinking liquids.

The social worker will discuss your readiness for this journey. How you manage stress. It is very important to remain positive during this journey.

Every weight management team is different. I attended (2) classes that discussed what the expectations are throughout this journey...

Importance of vitamins, what to expect from the pre op, surgery, post op, in hospital, what to expect at home, what to eat and drink... Activity....

My experience was amazing....

The support was amazing!

Hope this helps!

Sandra

Mahalo

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Simplyb
on 4/27/17 3:29 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

The dietician:

wants you to know and discuss the stages of the post op diet

wants to hear you say what the surgery entails including risks

Wants to see need a three day food diary.

wants you to explain vitamins needed after and why

Wants you to discuss the various ways you have attempted to lose weight.

what lifestyle changes you will have to make, no coffee, no pop, read labels

the social worker:

is asssessing your mental health and support network, wants to know you are prepared

what research you have done and how prepared you are: resources, people

and that you are making an informed decision

that the surgery is a tool and you are prepared to do the work

you are working on strategies to eat well

Good luck!

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

Beachgirl77
on 4/27/17 3:47 pm
Beachgirl77
on 4/27/17 3:49 pm

Thank you !

leeann73
on 4/28/17 7:31 am

I agree with everything on the first two posts - I had to see them several times but not everyone does - it is a great process and super exciting as each stage passes - welcome and best of luck to you.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Beachgirl77
on 4/28/17 2:04 pm

Thank you ! Both appointments went very well. I see the Nurse on the 8th. Originally had these Trio appointments booked for July but I took some cancellation appointments ! I am surprised how quickly things are going ..I guess the long wait will be after I meet with Dr. Glazer in June ?

Most Active
Recent Topics