Breakfast ideas

Lilrebel
on 9/8/14 9:34 am

I am moving to real food and need some ideas for things to take for breakfast. Any ideas?

poet_kelly
on 9/8/14 9:56 am - OH

Eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shakes, protein bars, oatmeal (you can add protein powder), leftovers from last night's dinner, any food you like (doesn't have to be traditional "breakfast food").

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lilrebel
on 9/8/14 10:08 am

I love eggs. I can't figure out how to cook and then save for breakfast at work though

Jenn S.
on 9/8/14 12:18 pm - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

Hard boiled is the easiest for me.

Sarahakers11
on 9/8/14 9:01 pm - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

I actually take an egg and a small dollup of sourcream I flavor with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and some shredded cheese..whisk it together really good in a small tupperwear container and take it to work. Pop in the microwave for 2 minutes and it turns into a souflee(sp?) of sorts.  Its really good and quick. I dont like hard boiled eggs or else that would probably be great as well!

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

RoxySquirrel13
on 9/8/14 10:03 am

I am still pre-op but one of the blogs I have been looking at had really yummy looking luncheon meat rollups I was thinking I could for for bfast (slice of deli meat, slice of cheese, roll up and fry until cheese is all melty)

Start Weight: 297         Surgery Weight: 279.7        Current Weight  248.4

Surgery 9/17/14

Lilrebel
on 9/8/14 10:09 am

That idea does sound yummy. I think I will try it for a dinner meal tonight

MickeyDee
on 9/9/14 4:07 pm

Why fry it?  Do the rollup in a lettuce leaf with mustard, eat out of hand.  Quick and easy.

I couldn't do hard-boiled eggs for more than a year after surgery.

marymo362
on 9/8/14 10:13 am
RNY on 03/18/14

all easy to take with you: Greek yogurt with some protein powder mixed in ( I buy plain yogurt and add flavored protein powder), hard-boiled eggs, deli meats rolled around a string cheese, baked apple with ricotta cheese, sweet red pepper half filled with cottage cheese. oatmeal (i make in the crock pot, divide into serving sizes and freeze)--then add protein powder after heating up. Poet Kelly is right on---doesn't have to be breakfast food....

I do find, 6 months out, that I need to have a lot of protein in the morning. 

Good luck, have fun and experiment!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

NYMom222
on 9/8/14 10:16 am
RNY on 07/23/14

They have the post on here "What are you eating today RNYer's?" and I read that for suggestions. I make egg muffins in cupcake pan. Sort of like a quiche/frittata. there are recipes all over the internet. They can be frozen or eaten fresh. But better to thaw them the night before. If you over microwave they become rubbery.
My general recipe- Spray pan with PAM -  Layer ingredients in muffin tin- I use in each cup 1/2 turkey sausage cooked and crumbled, frozen sinach, and 1 TBSP shredded cheddar cheese. Then I beat 7 or 8 eggs and add 1/2c or so of milk (I don't measure) Pour some in each cup, using a fork to make sure it get s right to the bottom. I fill to top. Bake 20 min 350 degree oven. I have a silicone muffin pan and have no problem with them releasing. My girlfriend used a regular muffin tin and she had trouble removing them, she greased them with coconut oil though. SO spray PAM generously. Obviously you can substitute any fillings you want. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics