What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

NYMom222
on 3/1/15 11:56 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Kristen!! Dance all you want, One-derland is a great place to be. I had an interesting weekend, went to a bridal shower in Pennsylvania Saturday. 6 hour ride round trip. Ate lots of carbs... the most since surgery. Didn't plan well, as I drank my protein at 7:30am on the way out the door, the actual lunch portion of the food (Italian Restaurant) didn't arrive until 1:30PM. SO I got detoured by the foccacia, and bruschetta and then after the meal a small square of cake and a mini cannoli. I will say it was good. It scared me a little(in a good way, I think) because this was grazing at it's best, and I never felt stuffed or over-full. Showed me how you can't let your guard down or you can certainly 'eat around' your surgery. That being said, I weighed myself the next morning and lost 2lbs. ?????

B: Need something Hot, think I am going to make warm premier protein or something.

L: meatball Parmigiana

S; Yogurt, fruit

D: green salad with Costco Chicken Salad. (Need to go buy it, so delicious)

S: ? if needed.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

mamata2
on 3/2/15 12:48 am

Everyone talks of the Costco chicken salad.  Is it mayo based?

NYMom222
on 3/2/15 1:28 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes it is mayo based. They make it with the rotisserie chicken. Last time I actually just bought the chicken and made it myself. But if you don't want to do the work it is delicious. It really only has 4 ingredients-mayo-rotisserie chicken- celery-onion. It looks like a lot of ingredients because they break down all the ingredients in the mayo and the seasoning of the chicken.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karenp8
on 3/2/15 1:01 am - Brighton, IL

Back from the vet with Lily. He said she should be able to pass the pill bottle lid if she did eat it. Said to keep an eye on her and unless she starts vomiting or not eating and drinking not to worry. He said if it became an issue she would be noticeably I'll. Only out $38 and I feel much better!

AngryViking
on 3/2/15 1:33 am
RNY on 07/17/14

That's good news.  And a very cheap vet visit!  LOL

mamata2
on 3/2/15 4:06 am

Good to hear!  I hope she stays well :)

karenp8
on 3/2/15 2:02 am - Brighton, IL

And he is a great too! Very knowledgeable and compassionate. And has the best prices in the area. I also love him because he does work for a local rescue for free. An overall nice man!

Dodgergirl27
on 3/2/15 2:20 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Hello All,

I am back from my ski weekend and it was SO much fun!  It was a huge NSV, b/c there is absolutely no way in hell I could have ever skied 140 lbs ago.  I felt awesome and it was just so much fun, I now want to be a real skiier, not just a once a year type deal.  

I am a huge Dodger fan (could you tell based on my screen name, lol) and I also love Notre Dame football.  Other than that, I'm not die hard about any other sports/teams, but I love to go to sporting events and am always fascinated by other people's interest in their teams.   I'm such a big baseball fan, I used to go stadium hoping in the summers with friends and have been to almost all of the professional stadiums in both the AL and NL (Kristen, the new Yankee stadium is pretty awesome, I must admit).   It's funny we did those trips when I was MO, I bet they would be so much for fun now that I could fit into all the stadium seats comfortably....

Congrats on Onderland!  Isn't it the best feeling ever!  It took me forever to get there, and I'm not very far away from the 2's still, but I still love having a 1 in front of my weight!

Time since surgery: 13 months

B - 2 string cheeses & 1/4 denver omlette

S - String Cheese

L - Greek yogurt with chia/flax/hemp seed mix

D - Egg white omlette

I ate a ton of carbs this weekend so I'm trying to detox for the next few days and get all the junk and sugar out of my system

W/V - On track

E - 1 hr walk at lunch and spin tonight

Have a great week everyone!

mamata2
on 3/2/15 4:05 am

Skiing sounds like a blast!  So does stadium hopping.  May have to do that when the kids are older ;)

Daisydoo02
on 3/2/15 3:12 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi All, late posting. Life has been a total whirlwind as of late.  Just got back from two weeks in Sunny but cool Daytona Beach Florida. Had a wonderful time and sucks to be back in the land of SNOW & EXTREME WINDCHILLS!   Here is a pic from the condo we rented looking on to Daytona Beach, that is our pool, too bad it was too cold to use it!!

Will give you some highlights of what is going on with me.   While at the condo in Daytona it had an amazing gym so I worked out everyday. My morning routine was to jog on the treadmill and then do weights and then yoga and or pilates to stretch.  So one day I decided to jog 5kms. So I set out on the treadmill and away I went.  I was listening to music and looking out at the waves and after a while I looked down at the display on the treadmill and it said 5.5 kms so I thought good I am done.  I was just about to jump off when my husband came over (he worked out with me each day) and said "holy crap why did you go so far" and I said what do you mean its only 5kms he goes "no babes, the machine is in miles, you just ran 5.5 miles which is just shy of 9 kms!!!" I said "no way" and when we got upstairs I googled 5.5 miles to Kms and sure enough its 8.85 kms.  Well who knew!  So I signed up for a 10 km run this summer, I am so excited!! Which brings me to GO EMILY GO in your 5km in Vegas!  I will be cheering you on from frozen Toronto Canada!  Stayed on plan while in Daytona, it was hard as my family (who I went down with) they still don't really "get" the whole WLS way of eating, but I did really well, didn't lose and didn't gain so that's good.  We had driven down to Florida so on the way back I bought 20 of the Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt as they are not available in Canada and I covet them!!  I have one every day and love every spoonful, when they are gone I will be going grocery shopping across the Border, they are that good IMHO!!!

I came home to a terrible situation, one of my best girlfriend's husband is in the ICU at my work dying. She didn't want to "disturb" me while I was away on vacation so I found out when I got back, but he went into the ICU two days after I left.  I have been with her and her husband every day in the ICU and I am so beyond emotional that I have totally lost my appetite.  He is 32 years old, 3 yr old daughter and is dying from complications of cancer.  I am struggling to eat as I am so wrapped up in this and when I get so upset I lose my appetite.  I got really dizzy last Friday while in his room and almost fainted, realized it was 3pm in the afternoon and had not had anything since 9am.  My bad!!!  So I am working on trying to keep something in my tummy every few hours.   So this has been very hard to come home too after a wonderful vacation.

AV I love your daily posts, your sense of humor is awesome!  Anny, keep your eyes on the prize girl, be polite to the old boss and keep your chin up, you worked hard for this and deserve it. Don't burn and bridges but don't do her any favours if she is going to be that way! Karen hope your foot is coming along well and keep us posted on Lily, hopefully she poops it out!!  Emily can't wait to hear more about the new BF and Vegas.  I am over the moon excited about your upcoming PS!!  Hope you have someone to look after you those first few days recovering.  If you need a RN happy to drive down (how long from Toronto to DC LOL LOL LOL).  Sorry if I missed anyone else!!

Sports, I LOVE SPORTS. My husband is probably the worlds biggest FAN of Sports, all sports.  But his first love is Baseball. He played semi pro in College until he got a bad injury, lucky for me cuz I am pretty sure he would be a NY Yankee right now if he had not got injured and I would never have met him if played in the MLB.  I personally love NLF!! Can't get enough of tight butts and slim waists! We are also an NCAA couple, we actually take the morning off of the day after the Championship game, we are up late the night before and we HAVE to see the "One Shining Moment" song.  So MLB, NLF, NCAA, NHL, all watched in our house PLUS Championship Darts, Cricket and Work Cup Soccer.  Oh did I mention my hubby is ADDICTED to ball caps.  I can't tell you how many he owns, I lost track.  They are hanging up in their own closet in our spare bedroom, yes really.

On to business:

Time since surgery: close to 16 months post op (March 15)

B: two cups of vanilla hazelnut coffee with 1% milk and one splenda, Can of solid white tuna over 1/4 cup of greens with Balsamic dressing and handful of raspberries

L: skipped lunch, my bad was in the ICU but was supposed to have: 3 oz grilled chicken breast over 1/4 greens with 2 tbsp bbq sauce

S: Protein Oatmeal Raisin Cookie (stats 170 cal, 15 protein, 16 carbs, 4 fat) Got them rom Nashua Nutrition, very good treat

D: 1.5 grilled turkey sausage with 1/4 cup green beans

S: Dannon L&F Greek yogurt Banana Cream (YUMMMMMMMMMM) & Sriracha Beef Jerky 28 g

Totals: 942 calories, 114 protein, 45 carbs, 30 fat

V/W: vits are done for the day, water is ok, need more

Happy Monday everyone! Missed you all!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!