What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

mamata2
on 2/3/16 12:06 pm

Life without coffee is no life at all...  I'm sincerely sorry you left it in your car :(

stacyrg
on 2/3/16 12:10 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Not half as sorry as I am!  I'm sitting here drinking chamomile tea.  It's just not the same.  I NEED my coffee.  I may have to take a detour on the way back from lunch.  There's a starbucks right across the street and I think I have a free drink.  It may be the only thing to get me through the afternoon!

mamata2
on 2/3/16 12:13 pm

GET A VENTI WITH AN EXTRA SHOT!!  I ALWAYS make my free drinks worth it ;)

stacyrg
on 2/3/16 12:16 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

A woman after my own heart!  It is ALWAYS a Venti when it's free!

snow_white
on 2/3/16 1:28 pm
RNY on 11/11/14 with

This post made me giggle

Pokemom
on 2/3/16 9:34 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Hi, everyone!  I don't have time this morning to read all the previous posts but will try to get back to them later today. 

I am off in a bit to meet again with the personal trainer and do some more kettle bell work.

My chronic Achilles problem still keeps me from walking much.  But sometimes I am able to do 20-40 minutes slowly. 

Yesterday I walked 20 minutes with the fluffy baseboard-chewing pup.  It is so darn cold here that 20 minutes was all we could take!  Even wearing the giant down coat!

I do soooooo much better on the days when I post here in advance, because it makes me think about the day better.  This is a habit I wish I had started early after surgery.  But I try to remind myself of this proverb: "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.  The second best time is now."  That helps me when I start to mourn the extra weight I carried for so long also.

Breakfast:  beef broth, crio bru with soy milk (have not wanted to eat this morning)

Lunch:  Leftover garlic chicken and green beans

Snack:  A hearty mini meal when kids come home, because I will be hungry and snackish:  leftover frozen chili with cheddar and cabbage

Dinner:  I have no idea what to do tonight.  Family is running all over the place to various activities from 5:00 to 9:00.  I want slow cooker beans in ham stock, but no one else will eat them, and since we won't be sitting down together, I can't even pretend and feel good that my kids are at least LOOKING at some nourishing food. I would serve it with corn muffins and some kind of fruit on the side and make them take a bite of the beans. Husband loves beans, but they do not love him--so he will only eat a few bites.  (In fact, I usually do lentils/split peas for his sake, but I have beans in my pantry to use up.)  Anyhow, so why go to all that work today?  Beans another day.  But that puts me back to the "what" for today.  It has to be slow cooker or super easy.

Aha!  We will do frozen talapia for fish tacos, with cabbage, tomatoes, and a sauce I can make in advance.  This will be easy and make everyone happy, whenever they get to eat, including my super picky foodie husband.  He will be happy with the homemade sauce; I will be happy to just bake and eat the frozen fish!

Happy Wednesday. 

kdalpha
on 2/3/16 3:45 pm - Wrightsville Beach, NC

OH MY! I made the best dish last week and did it again tonight adding eggplant. Pasta-less Pasta Bake! WOWSERS!

http://thegastricbypassvegetarian.blogspot.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics