What's on your Menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 8/14/17 3:12 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Happy Monday! How is everyone? Did you have a good weekend? Mine was great, busy and good weather!

Accountability: weekend was good, I ate protein forward all weekend. I planned some cheese & crackers as we had company over yesterday and I put some out, I had 3 Breton crackers and a bunch of cheese. All is good here!

QOTD: I tend to eat the same things over & over. You will see tuna and yogurt & cheese sticks on my menu daily. I am okay with that. Pre surgery I also was able to eat the same things over and over, mind you it was all the wrong things, like plates of pasta every day or plates of rice with just sauce on and of course I turned birthday cake into meals. I actually don't mind having a smaller variety of foods now. What about you?

3.9 yrs post op RNY - maintenance food - this is what I have planned and inputted into MFP for today

B: tons of decaf with vanilla PP

L: tuna/peppers/balsamic

S: 2 cheese strings

D: 4oz filet mignon steaks

S: yogurt & 1 tbsp SF raspberry jam

TOTALS: 981 calories, 139 protein, 32 carbs

V: patches are on (Mutli, Iron, B12, Vit D & Calcium)

E: going for a 5km run after work, will take the dogs out at 9pm for 3km run

Have an awesome day my protein peeps, be fabulous!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Insert Fitness
on 8/14/17 3:26 am

Morning everyone !

After having a short week last week, I think this is going to be a looong one!

qotd: 99% of the time I'm fine eating the same things. i do change up how my protein is prepared or served though. But that is more out of the fact that I enjoy cooking as a hobby, more than anything. But every now and then , I just cannot with another pork chop or something hahaha. Usually that's when I crave a vegetarian meal.

Accountability: it was carbier than I'd like, mostly due to amazing strawberries I bought. And I had a couple of bites of potato salad.

menu:

B: coffee and premiere protein

L: leftover burger patty

D: pork tenderloin on the BBQ

S: tbd not sure what's in the fridge...

have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Kakesie
on 8/14/17 3:29 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Daisy and Menu Family!

I had a nice, relaxing weekend.

QOTD: I get "addicted to" a certain food and eat it over and over again until I almost get sick of it. Right now I have two prosciutto & mozzarella sticks for breakfast every morning and sometimes again for a snack later on. I'm also in love with Dannon's Light & Fit Caramel Apple Pie Greek yogurt and eat at least one of those a day. Often my menu looks a lot the same from day to day and I don't mind that.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 54, Calories - 1,035, Carbs - 124.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks

L: lettuce, tomato, chicken, low cal dressing

D: hamburger patty with melted cheese

S: light & fit Greek yogurt, prosciutto & mozzarella sticks

E: Taking Blossom for a walk around the subdivision

Have a FANTASTIC day everyone!

~ Karen

Librarian67
on 8/14/17 3:37 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning menu folks!

It's back to the work week after what was a short weekend. I worked for 5 hours yesterday for OT, so Monday is feeling like it came way too fast. I did spend some time painting over the weekend which is a nice creative outlet. I need that variety in my life sometimes.

Accountability: I ended up not making the filet mignon so I had 2 chicken sticks and a chicken sausage instead.

QOTD: I do tend to eat alot of the same things over and over. They are convenient and healthy so they end up in my grocery cart alot. Most of the time I'm okay with that although sometimes I miss having more variety.

Menu:

Breakfast: hard boiled egg, 2 oz ham

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake

Lunch: TJ's chicken sausage

Snack: 2 oz turkey breast

Dinner: filet mignon

Exercise: 60 minutes on the treadmill

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/14/17 3:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We had a great weekend visiting friends on Newfound Lake in NH. I am tired as we didn't get home until close to 9 last night and I couldn't fall asleep until areound midnight (then up at 5:30 this morning). It was worth it though!

Eating was mostly good over the weekend. I had a couple of things I normally wouldn't but I had more or less planned for that. My biggest angst is that DSD is in the scale room for the next few days so I may not be able to weigh until Thursday. I don't think I've gone a full week while in maintenance without weighing!

QOTD: I eat the same stuff day after day at least for breakfast and lunch (I've always been this way). Sometimes I'll get tired of something and swap it out, but then I eat the new item day after day ****il I return to the older one). I have a bit more variety for dinner, but not a lot more.

16.5 months post-op, 8.5 months in maintenance.

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Leftover short rib and broccoli from last night (it was GOOD)

S: protein chips

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

supershopper
on 8/14/17 5:58 am

you can do it- the scale is your friend that CAN stay hidden for a week.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/14/17 12:46 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL - you are right of course!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

SkinnyScientist
on 8/14/17 4:20 am

B) Fresh avocado with a hard boiled egg

L) Fresh garden tomatoes (from a colleague) and cottage cheese (protein + fat)

D) Grilled steak dried rubbed with a mixture of cinnamon + expresso fine ground +cocoa powder. Plus a red wine vingerette chickpea salad made from fresh garden tomatoes, shallots, EVOO, red wine finger, cucumber chickpeas, cucumber celery and red pepper,

GOTD-I hate eating the same thing over and over (didnt bug me in wls phase or MO, but bugs me now. Espcially since I live alone again). To get around this problem, I throw dinner parties or cook with other single friends 2 nights a week (Sunday and Tuesday) and we split the meal.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

pinyee
on 8/14/17 4:50 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Good morning friends.... I slept like not at all last night I am not sure what is going on but my mind will not shut off lately and I find myself thinking of the weirdest things at the weirdest times. So I am allowing myself an extra half caff of coffee this week on Monday instead of the usual Friday.

QOTD: I go through spurts where I will could eat the same thing for weeks at a time and then all of a sudden will not want to eat it again for a long long time. Pre surgery I went on this kick for about two months where all I wanted to eat was pancakes with whipped cream and maple syrup for dinner every night and then suddenly stopped.

Food for the day:

B: hard boiled egg white, bacon, watermelon and coffee

L: TJ chicken salad, cucumbers

S: yogurt

D: cheeseburger and salad

Have a great day friends

helferships
on 8/14/17 4:59 am
RNY on 11/14/16

I love tuna too but worry sometimes about eating it too often because of mercury exposure. Also pepperettes which I love but presumably have lots of nasty nitrates. Do you worry about over exposure to potential toxins when you eat these yummy things too often?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views