Jimbovsg's pics! Finally!. Pre-ops take note!! 285lbs GONE! (long)

jimbovsg
on 2/11/11 6:20 pm, edited 2/11/11 6:38 pm
    I had my VSG about 17 months ago. I was SSMO (580lbs!  74.4 BMI) I have lost approx 285lbs! (i'm a few lbs away from being half the man I used to be!)   I was on 2 oral meds for diabetes, 250u of insulin a day, BP meds, and walked W/ a cane!  6 months after VSG......I have released  myself of all of them!  I have gained a new "lease on life!"  and a new appreciation for it too!  I am a "new" person in EVERY way.
    Now I'm not gonna tell you this was easy.....it is not! ( dis ain't for sissies!) It takes commitment, and a "willingness"  to change your lifestyle!  These changes will need to be LIFE LONG!  If you want to remain successful/healthy for the long haul.    I will also tell you I could not have done it without my VSG.  It has been my partner in this journey. 
     Other things I attribute to my success so far......researching the procedure, diet, aftercare, and..... could I live with it long term,  being honest/self-aware of what led to my obesity,   having a surgeon W/ a good aftercare/support program,  utilizing the help at my disposal,  NUT,  support groups,  etc,  using OH for information/support,   Logging my food,   drinking lots of water,  getting lots of protein in (100 grms ),  Moving my ASS daily!,  weighing daily,  not beating myself up for stalls etc.,  allowing myself to go "off plan" here and there.  staying low crab <40,   Not fighting my new "lifestyle",   planning ahead,  appreciating the "small" things,   listening to/following advice of vets,   never forgetting where I came from,  having a routine,  snapping back on track when falling off!,  following up with my DR,   enjoying the "moment" ,  and  appreciating every DAMN moment I have in this new body! 
     I could not have done this without my family,  friends,  and my "peeps" here on OH....thanks for your support.  My work is not done....I still want to lose more,  but I'm so happy right here...... right now!  My ONLY regret is........ I did not do this SOONER!!   Thanks for reading this ( too long!)  My pics are in my profile.....did ya think there were here?........gonna make you work a little!  you might burn a calorie or two clicking that mouse!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

mini_me_ now
on 2/11/11 6:36 pm
amazing results, simply amazing... you would have to be" THE" poster child for vsg congrats
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

jimbovsg
on 2/12/11 12:02 am
On February 12, 2011 at 2:36 AM Pacific Time, mini_me_ now wrote:
amazing results, simply amazing... you would have to be" THE" poster child for vsg congrats
thanks, but there are many vets (you included) that could be "poster children " for the VSG!  I am in awe of those at goal and maintaining!  It shows dedication and hard work!  Thanks again! 

MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Jay Park
on 2/11/11 7:42 pm - MO
jimbovsg
on 2/12/11 12:05 am
On February 12, 2011 at 3:42 AM Pacific Time, Jay Park wrote:
Awesome, keep up the good work and you'll be at you goal before you know it..

Here's a link you might enjoy of another VSGer who has lost 300 lbs and become a Certified Personal Trainer in the process. www.youtube.com/user/mark45acp#g/u 

You're another proof  the VSG is a fantastic tool for anyone serious about getting healthy.

thanks!  I saw that story too! amazing!

MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Suane
on 2/11/11 7:44 pm - Livingston County, MI
Inspirational! Thanks for posting.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

jimbovsg
on 2/12/11 12:06 am
thank you.

MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Carmelita
on 2/11/11 7:44 pm - Four Corners, NM
jimbovsg
on 2/12/11 12:07 am, edited 2/12/11 12:07 am
Dats  what I'm sayin!!

MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Dancin Girl
on 2/11/11 7:49 pm
What an amazing job you've done. Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing. what an inspiration!

Consult Weight 262                    SW 250.5                               Current Weight 160

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views