So TIRED of EVERYTHING hurting......

smilinmomof3
on 3/28/11 10:55 am - MI
Hi guys - I'm pre- op and going throught a terrible time in my life right now. I HURT - My knees hurt, my feet hurt, my back hurts. I'm so tired of it all. I'm sure alot of you felt like this before surgery. How long after surgery does all the pains subside?? 

WHOOO BABY - I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 10:57 am - CA
my back pains went away as i lost weight post op.
it used to feel like a donkey had kicked my tail bone
Jenijeni
on 3/28/11 11:15 am
I'm 8 weeks out and I have already experienced some relief from pain. I have Fibromyalgia, so I don't anticipate that all my pain will disappear... But I feel 100% better already! Not taking any more Rx pain meds at this point. Yay!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

smilinmomof3
on 3/28/11 11:19 am - MI
That is so good to hear. I'm so glad you have been able to find relief. And thank you for the hope. Right now I'm living on pain meds. And I know that just isn't good for my gut and liver. I can't wait to have my surgery - I'm so geeked and ready to start my journey.
Thank you! 

Eula "Evie" R.
on 3/28/11 11:32 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi,
I am in the same boat you are in. Life is just so depressing living with pain. We need to hang in there God will make a way for us.

God Bless
Evie
smilinmomof3
on 3/28/11 11:35 am - MI
Thank you Evie - you are so right. And sometimes I get in my whinny place and forget that God is my strength. And all I have to do is to continue to call upon him and he will hold me up. lt has been such a rough day today with pain that I just went right to my whinny place. Thanks for reminding me where I should be going instead. I needed that!

diane S.
on 3/28/11 11:35 am
YOu know, the back and foot and other joint pain drops off pretty quickly - you don't have to be anywhere near your goal for the pain to ease - at least that was my experience. Of course if you have a lot of arthritis, it could be different.

I used to take advil almost daily for back and other pain. Since vsg I almost never take it. For a month or so after surgery you can't take it and after that I didn't need it. So I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how much relief even 30 pounds lost gives.   gl    Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Sunshine115
on 3/28/11 12:13 pm - MI
I know how you feel, mostly I'm sick & tired of being so down on myself for feeling like this. I can't wait to be on the losing side. Be sure to keep me updated with your progress.

islandqueen38
on 3/28/11 12:47 pm
It is 4 weeks today since I had my Gastric Plication.  I have no pain.. after my surgery I took 3 pain pills and that was it.  All the pain I had was in my 2 shoulders. I mean big pain.  I still have all the morphin pills I didn't need to take.  I had my surgery Feb 28 th.  Mar 9  I was off my Blood Preasure meds. and water pill. M y blood preasure is normal.  I have been on them over 20 years. I feel great. My restriction is 1/2 cup. Any more and I feel it.  I have never been sick or nasuated never vomited. Hey I feel like a new person already.    Doris QC.

jlh1962
on 3/28/11 1:23 pm - OAKWOOD, OH
I've not had surgery or even approved. I feel for you! There are days I can hardly make it into work and fear one day they may find me laying in the parking lot!  My back goes out, my knees go out from underneath me and there are days I just want to cry!  And then there are good days and when there are good days, I just hate all the weight that I have to carry around.
It's just a vicious cycle! You can't move because you're in pain, thus you gain weight, which makes movement even worse!
I have osteoarthritis and both knees need replaced. I too wonder if I have the surgery if I will not have to have my knees replaced so soon. I am only 48, and although knee replacements are lasting longer, it's just not long enough yet!
Has anyone else had their knees go out on them when they're walking? There's times it feels like someone took a baseball bat to them or there's bones sticking out when I try to walk.
If so, if after you had surgery, did it get better?
Smilinmomof3, if you can, just lay down and sleep! I know if I don't have enough rest, I hurt more.
I hope you get relief soon! I take a combination of meds that help a lot!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 380 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 416 views