Coffee Drinkers: How far out did you have coffee again?

Drea408
on 4/3/11 11:15 am - CA
I am barely two weeks post-op but i was thinking today....I wonder when I can try a small cup of coffee again. How soon after surgery did you have coffee? How do you take your coffee now? What do you order if you lets say are at starbucks or peets? Do you find you enjoy coffee as much as you did pre-op? 

KIMMYEGG
on 4/3/11 11:16 am - DES MOINES, IA
 Word!! I love my coffee..and hoping I will still be able to indulge just maybe 1 cup in the morning....
Kimmy..xoxo             
Valsdetermined2lose
on 4/3/11 11:20 am
I had it in the hospital the day after surgery, decaf of course and have it everyday.
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

sleeve genie
on 4/3/11 11:21 am, edited 4/3/11 11:22 am - Alhambra, CA
I love me some coffee.  I took 2 weeks off work so no coffee then but when i went back to work i started drinking it again.   I still drink at least 2 cups a day with liquid stevia and cream or coffee mate.  My nut said it would be ok to have a cup,  but like i said i'm a 2 cup minimum a day.  At work we have great coffee so don't go to starbucks much but i get the skinny late when i do go.  :o) jeani

eta:  real coffee no decaf for me  :o)

the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

novascotiadawn
on 4/3/11 11:29 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I loved coffee pre-surgery. Then,I was allowed coffee in the hospital...But, found out that I didn't really care for it...But, that past after about 6 months!!! I love my coffee again.

When out at Tim Horton's I get exlarge with 2 milk and a sweetener
Starbucks, I enjoy the new Pike Place...Grande with skim milk and a sweetener.

Enjoy my fellow coffee mate!

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

sunny10
on 4/3/11 11:32 am
I had regular coffee 4 wks after surgery.  I ususally only have 1 cup in the morning.....
Sunny10    
Libralin
on 4/3/11 11:36 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
I had decaf tea once I came home from the hospital.  Then I bought a can of decaf coffee...skim milk...really strong!!! Ugh!

I switched to half decaf/half reg now with skim..or F/F coffeemate...

Linda M. from Jersey

jimbovsg
on 4/3/11 11:41 am
    My doc cleared me at 6 weeks......ask your doc when it is OK to have it.  I  drink coffee MORE  now than before surgery.  I like to mix my protein shake in W/ it.  If I don't have my shake ....I get a grande SF vanilla.....caramel,,,,,,or   hazelnut skinny latte W/ 2 scoops protein powder  (have them steam it in W/ the milk....or it will clump)  you can get a decaf too!  Not all sbux have protein powder....peet's doesn't have any....and they only have 2-3 choices of SF syrups. ( but I do like Peet's coffee better!) MMmmmm! coffee....haven't had my "fix" yet....jones-in'   bad  right now!   

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Gracieteddy
on 4/3/11 11:47 am - IA
I was a big coffee drinker,I am suprised that I haven't missed it. They say you need to get you 64 oz of water in a day before you have regular coffee. I have trouble getting my 64 in so I haven't tried yet.

May D.
on 4/3/11 12:01 pm
I was allowed to have about 4-6 oz of coffee after 2 weeks post op.  At 4 weeks I was allowed 6-12 oz.  

Pre-op I used to have two 12 oz cups of coffee a day now I only drink one 6oz cup on the morning and that's it for the day.  I do love coffee!!  But I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.
Most Active