Nerves are on overdrive!!!

Mishie1108
on 4/11/11 12:48 pm - FL
VSG on 04/19/11 with
Time is suddenly going by way too fast. Tomorrow afternoon is my one week pre-op appointment with the surgeon then I'm off to the hospital for a pre-op appointment with the anesthesiologist. Hope I'm feeling more positive afterward, it's been an emotional roller coaster the past few days. I was in a crabby mood yesterday with everyone then last night the flood gates opened and I cried for over an hour - so hard my head and stomach both ached.  So scared something will happen during surgery and I'll leave my son behind.  I think about it, the tears start and my heart breaks.  How the hell do you get that out of your head???  I'm fine with everything else, but those thoughts just won't stop.  HELP!!!
        HW: 387      Pre-op Diet: 368         SW: 348.7          Goal: 175          I am 5 ft. 5 in.

Linda B.
on 4/11/11 12:57 pm
I rationalized with myself. The risk isn't greatrer than gallbladder surgery right? But truthfully I was a wreck too...your not alone. It's normal to worry about those you love. Just think of the time your going to have with your son that you might not have had if you remained obese. Mishie we all get jitters, take a deep breath and try to relax. I prayed alot. Keep you in my thoughts, Linda

sleeve genie
on 4/11/11 1:13 pm - Alhambra, CA
Try to think of all the reasons you decided this was right for you.   Its normal to be concerned, but have faith that you are doing a good thing for you and your son and try to find peace with it.   We all go through it but we will all tell you it is so worth it.   Your life will make a drastic turn for the better.   Take care.  Wishing you all the best.   You'll be fine and you'll be so glad you did this.  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

tanieanie
on 4/11/11 1:15 pm - WI
Your not alone.  I got my date today and immediately went from excited to terrified. from what I understand this is normal. 

countrygolden
on 4/11/11 1:30 pm - Amboy, WA

I was worried about the surgery as well but I was more worried about the decline in my health since I had been overweight. My father died at 55 of a heart attack and I knew I was headed in the same direction if I didn't do something. Is surgery a risk?  Of course it is. But the risks of being obsese day in and day out seem to outnumber the risk of the surgery. Trust that you are doing what you need to do TO be there for your son!!

Starting Weight-228.6, SW-221.4, CW-173 GW-125
myturn1
on 4/11/11 2:03 pm
I've had scary moments too.  This is a serious thing.  Not doing this is even more scary in terms of long term risk.  Speak to the docs about the anxiety.  I'll bet you feel better after talking with them.  Follow all of their  instructions and answer their questions honestly.  Focus on running around and having fun with your son after you get more healthy post-op.
mickidee23
on 4/11/11 2:24 pm
We all feel this way, especially when we have children. But honestly you are more at risk of leaving your son behind because of your current weight than with the risk from the surgery. I have never heard of anyone dying in this surgery. Sure there are after surgery risks like blood clots or leaks. But the pre-surgery risks are pretty good too - heart attack, stroke, diabetes....
You will be fine.
 HW 267  SW 258  GW 150  Ht. 5'10.5"  Age 41

PK130
on 4/11/11 2:54 pm, edited 4/11/11 3:07 pm - Dallas, TX
VSG on 03/01/11 with
My anxiety level was sky high for the two weeks leading up to the surgery and probably about 4 weeks after. Eventually it subsides (at least somewhat) and you are able to further appreciate all the positives, especially once you start seeing results.
vjb1952
on 4/11/11 3:46 pm - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
Hi Sweetie...You are right...the closer your day gets, the faster time goes, but take some deep breaths and concentrate on all the positive results that will come about as a result of  following this path.  I am sure you are in very capable hands with your surgeon.  Say a prayer for inner peace and protection...we are all here pulling for you.                                                                       Best wishes, especially through the next few days,  Viv 

vjb1952

Mishie1108
on 4/11/11 4:46 pm - FL
VSG on 04/19/11 with
 Thank you all.  Had another semi-breakdown tonight but I guess that's natural plus I'm a bit stressed about the appointments tomorrow.  Your encouraging words have helped A LOT!!!  I know the fear won't go away, but as long as it lessens and I try to make peace with myself all should be good.  Will keep you posted on what the surgeon says tomorrow.  I've lost 12 lbs in one week on the pre-op diet so I think he'll be happy with that.  

Thanks again to all for your kind words and well wishes.  This site has been a lifesaver for me so far and I'm sure will continue to be during my journey.  
        HW: 387      Pre-op Diet: 368         SW: 348.7          Goal: 175          I am 5 ft. 5 in.

Most Active