I already know the answer.

evilelf
on 4/22/11 6:59 am
I am 7 days post-op, is it bad to let a chocolate Hersey kiss melt in my mouth. I'm not chewing...Please someone agree. Lol
BriarRose
on 4/22/11 7:02 am
It is not so bad, but it IS BAD FOR YOUR sleeve. Go and get a good chocolate protein shake and drink that instead. Self sabotage at this stage is just NOT a good thing !!! YOU CAN DO THIS !!!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
difrnt8
on 4/22/11 7:03 am - SIlver Spring, MD
VSG on 04/04/11 with
If its a single treat, maybe ok. If its a return to a negative pattern, then not good. I worry about sugar and fat cause I want my body to have the best chance to eat on my body fat so I can lose the weight and be as close to Ketosis as possible. I like sugar free choc pudding and choc protein shakes. And they say the choc calcium chews are good but I am waiting till I am on more solid food (Week 4). Good luck.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!   
evilelf
on 4/22/11 7:04 am
(In my whinny voice) I don't want a chocolate protein shake, I want a chocolate kiss...LOL. I know suck it up and stick to it. Thanks
MN_Mama
on 4/22/11 7:35 am

It's not bad to let candy melt in your mouth, as long as you don't swallow!

Seriously, I agree that one bite of anything, once you get to soft foods stage please, is not the problem.  But all too often, one bite leads to another.  That's how we got here in the first place...one bite at a time. 
Time to find another way to enjoy yourself Ms Elf.  How about a walk, a good book, a game of checkers with a borrowed kid, or a nice long chat with an old friend?   We have a long and wonderful journey ahead of us, I'm only 2 months out next Monday, so now is the time to start making good choices, one bite at a time. 
I keep hearing "nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels."  I can't wait to feel skinny and be able to confirm.
It's good to be a Loser!
Take care.

b_stewart
on 4/22/11 7:49 am

IF it is just a Hershey's Kiss it's not a problem.  To even say it's a problem is a problem.  I enjoy a tootsie roll pop from time to time and it is NOT a problem.  "All things in moderation"

This the day the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.          
AGE 60  HIGH/W 330  PROGRAM/W 252  SURGICAL/W 210 GOAL/W 165
hollykim
on 4/22/11 7:50 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Honey,you wouldn't even HAVE to swallow! That sugar would hit your bloodstream so fast you barely would have time to swallow.

That would spike your insulin and then leave your system just as fast,MAKING YOU WANT MORE!

Gah,it  is the most vicious cycle! I wish fervently I had not let the unhealthy carbs and sugar back in my plan. I have had to decarb twice in the nearly 15 months I have been sleeved. Everytime I let the carbs back in my weight loss comes to a screeching halt.

Try,try,try your very hardest to keep them out and maximize you weight loss while you can!

Good luck and I KNOW how hard it is,
Holly

evilelf
on 4/22/11 8:23 am
Thanks so much everyone (I love this site), I was making my kids easter baskets and had a moment of weakness. All done and over it, drinking some peppermint tea instead..yummy. Thanks
acbbrown
on 4/22/11 10:52 am - Granada Hills, CA
I haven't even thought about easter baskets because of this problem!! I think about going to the store every day and then I think I should just go Saturday night and buy a pre-made basket so I can't get to the candy!

But so far, no Easter candy for me! (and it has to be the first year ever that I haven't sat down with several bags of candy)

You CAN do this! Go shopping and find a cute easter dress in a smaller size that you'd like to fit into in a year from now. That way you can leave the house and the candy behind!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Mary R.
on 4/22/11 8:49 am - OH
I had one little piece of sugar free chocolate that my friend got at trader joes.  It was soooo good I couldnt believe it was sugar free.  I am a chocoholic and it was the first piece Ive had in about 2 months AND its all I wanted was a piece.  It didnt trigger me wanting to go out and eat a bunch of candy bars like I wouldve wanted to before lol.  I think like other people have said, moderation is the key. =)
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time" 
"Get busy living, or get busy dying" 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 144 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 417 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 437 views