My 11th month surgiversary today!

PBJ
on 5/3/11 9:38 am
I can't believe it has been 11 months today that I was sleeved..or rather began my new me!!  It has been the best thing that I have done FOR ME in years!  I feel healthier and I am happier..more confident.  I had a really tough few years before my sleeve  (Mom died of cancer, crap with my siblings) and this has helped me so much to gain strength and get on with my stronger life...it has made a HUGH difference in my life ..and I am so VERY thankful for it!
  I had the pleasure of meeting so many wonderful VSG friends this weekend at the meet up and it was such an honor..I feel (and I hope) that I have made some new friends for life.  This is such a connection between people that have gone on this journey!
   For those of you that are thinking of it...DO IT!!  I am thankful everyday that I did it.  I am 4.8 lbs away from my finish line  (who's counting) and yes I am so hoping to get there by my 1 year mark..but either way..I couldn't be happier and healthier than I am today thanks to my VSG and all the support that I have rec'd on OH.  You guys are the best!  Happy Sleeves to all of us!!

OX
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
_aprilh_
on 5/3/11 9:41 am - OK
Congrats! You have done really well! Way to go. Keep up the good work. I am so very glad you are happy and things are working out well for you. Keep in touch and let us see how you are doing at a year and at 2 years and so on! I can't wait to see how the sleeve holds up for all of us down the road. We can do it!
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

sublimate
on 5/3/11 9:49 am - San Jose, CA
You are the best.. congrats!

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Lalamonkey
on 5/3/11 10:34 am - GA
Yeah baby - That is what I call success!!!! PBJ is in charge!
mylastchance
on 5/3/11 10:39 am
Wow you have done great,  I wish I had been able to make the get together last weekend but had a previous commitment that I couldn't get out of.  I am only 1.5 hours at the most from Los Gatos...........damn,  well maybe the next one will work. 

Happy you are doing so well,  we are only one day apart,  my 11 months was yesterday and it is hard to believe it has been that long and I still have moments when I just can't believe I am where I am.  I dreamed of this for so many years and now I am living it and only 3.5 lbs away from goal........and I too want to make it by my 1 year mark.....I will root you on to your finish line as you put it............go get it,  the brass ring is so close you just have to reach out a little further.

Good luck and continued good losing.........the best to you

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

JustLora
on 5/3/11 10:47 am - Omaha, NE
Happy Surgiversary!
Lora

SW 235/GW 150/CW 140   I'm 5'6" 

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/11 11:04 am
 I am so glad I got a chance to meet you on Saturday.  You are a beautiful woman inside and out.  We need to get together and go shopping.  I need a new bikini, I have never owned one before in my life.  Want to help me pick one out at Stanford?  We will talk.  You are going to make goal and we are all going to cheer you on.  You look like you are at goal already, so enjoy.
Lananala
on 5/3/11 11:12 am - CA
Congrats to you! You look fabulous!

Lisa
                          HW 233 SW 220.2 CW 157.6 GW 150

Miss_C
on 5/3/11 11:34 am, edited 5/3/11 1:04 pm - Southern, CA
VSG on 01/31/11 with
Oh wow you have an avatar of you now...you look fantastic. 4 lbs left must feel amazing, Im so happy for you! My thoughts will be with you everyday of this next month hoping you meet that last goal of yours by that 1 year mark :). Congratulations on a job well done!
*Hugs* Missy

January Sleevers:
 http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Jansleeves/discussion/

Consult Weight 254             SW 212          CW 154           GW 120 

Ask Not What Your Sleeve Can Do For You But What You Can Do For Your Sleeve!

sleeve genie
on 5/3/11 2:43 pm - Alhambra, CA
Yeah for you Patty,  you are such a sweetheart and you have done so well.  I agree with the others,  you look fantastic and like you are already at goal.   You are such a doll and i'm so glad we met.   I hope to see you soon.  It was such fun getting to meet you and getting to know you and i hope we are friends forever.   We have a unique bond that not many people can share.   I  know you'll make it in no time, but like you said,  you couldn't be happier or healthier so you have already made it.   Love you sweetie   :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views