post-op

lori75
on 5/6/11 1:39 am - CA
Man, I think of all things, I believe it is the hernia repair that is kicking my  butt. Food doesnt even sound good so that isnt really a problem. Having trouble getting fluids and protein in. My water percentage on my scale hasnt changed though, so I think I am ok. Husband is going to pick up some ANYWHEY from DSNUTRITION. Hoping that helps get in the protein plus some fluids. Has anyone tried that brand of powder?
Thanks

P.S. down another pound! WOOHOO

HW 250 CW 240.5 GW 140   5' 5"

BriarRose
on 5/6/11 1:44 am
Welcome to the loser's bench !

I will be honest, I never ever got in my liquid proteins. I found that I couldn't tolerate the artificial sweetners. I got in a couple scoops of unflavored/chicken soup flavor protein a day in my homemade broth, but tried to get in my fluids.

It IS incredibly hard to get in everything the first week or two. Keep hydrated. If you are not getting 64 oz, try to get in a few more ounces each day than the day before !!!

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Jenijeni
on 5/6/11 3:17 am
Nope, never tried that brand. If you're having trouble with shakes, try making protein ice cream (theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com). It helps to change up the consistency sometimes. Concentrate on fluids, then protein when you're early out.

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

AllaP
on 5/6/11 4:35 am - Vaughan, Canada
What about hernia repair? Cause I have hiatic hernia and the Dr.will fix it at the time of my VGS. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 353 views