whoa i'm dizzy and the room is spinning

sleevedinjanuary2011
on 6/20/11 4:50 am
 i get super dizzy when i stand up..the room gets a little dark and spins for about 5 seconds and then i'm fine.  at first..i thought it was dehydration but i am getting close to 64 oz a day...does anyone else experience this?   i'm wondering if it's low blood pressure (which would be kind of a crazy issue to have since i've had high blood pressure for the past few years) and what that means...

thanks in advance for your thoughts!

SweetiePea
on 6/20/11 4:53 am - IA
Blood sugar?
Height - 4'10"

Bigasiangirl
on 6/20/11 4:57 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with

I'm experiencing the same thing as well.  I'm planning to see my doc asap, I think it may possibly due to low BP.  I had high BP before the surgery and can't imagine that it is already low enough to cancel my BP meds.  So, I don't know... just waiting to see the doc.

phred
on 6/20/11 5:01 am - CO

Google "hypotension".

HTH,

Fred

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

acbbrown
on 6/20/11 5:10 am - Granada Hills, CA
Dehydration and low BP sound like possibilities. Definitely check with a doctor though.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

aintstoppin
on 6/20/11 5:28 am - NH
 Definitely check with the doc but it does sound like low BP  

MELMEL308
on 6/20/11 5:42 am - PA
It is possible that you need to adjust your BP medicine.. By what your ticker says, 28lbs would/could make your doses have to change.  Since I had surgery on May 16th, I have already discontinued 3 out of 5 prescriptions that I was taking, and the 2 that I am still on have been cut in half with the doses.  Call your doctor and see him ASAP. Good Luck! 
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
Shari H.
on 6/20/11 6:01 am - MI

Sounds like what they call "orthostatic hypotension", which is just a fancy-schmancy way of saying that your BP goes down when you sit up or stand too suddenly.  Do bring it to your physician's attention, but in the meantime, when you get up, sit at the edge of the bed/chair for a few moments, and then slowly rise to your feet.  And keep getting those fluids in - maybe even increase if you can.

Hope you feel better!

Shari

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
livingskinny
on 6/20/11 6:39 am - NC
Sometimes when your a little hyponatremic (low salt) you can become very dizzy upon standing.  It happened to me a few years ago and that what it was.   I hope you figure it out best of luck..

Bigasiangirl
on 6/20/11 8:18 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with

Thanks you guys!  I was thinking the same thing... Appreciate all of your support!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views