sleeve and c-sections....

Danidan
on 8/10/11 7:38 am
 I am kinda curious about the comparison of the sleeve surgery to having a c-section.  If you have had both kinds of surgery and don't mind sharing please do.  I have had several c-sections and was just wondering if the pain is the same, the recovery the same.....

Thanks in advanced for sharing!

Jackie00
on 8/10/11 7:57 am
I have heard it is a breeze compared to a c-section, but what I want to know is which one is considered more serious.  Either I am a wimp or others did really well with the c-section.  It took me forever to heal each time and had infections, yep infections it can happen from any surgery not just WLS. 
kaydemo
on 8/10/11 8:00 am - TX
My first c-section was a total beating, but the others didn't seem near as bad. But I can say for sure that VSG pales in comparison to my c-section recoverys. I'm guessing because it's laproscopic. I know everyone's different, but this has been my experience. Best wishes! Hope everything goes well for you!
tripmom02
on 8/10/11 8:03 am - NJ
 I have a pretty high pain tolereance, I never took any pain meds after my c-sections and was on my feet within a few hours. Maybe it's b/c I was a revision, and b/c I had to have a complete hernia repair at the same time, but this surgery kicked my butt compared to my c-sections. I had to have stronger pain meds, came home on stronger stuff and it took me a little longer to get back on my feet. With that said, I am just over a week out and almost completely back to normal, so those few days where hard on me, but the time period was super short.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

kaydemo
on 8/10/11 8:06 am - TX
tripmom02, we're sleeve sisters!!  Hope you're recovery is going well! 
Happy Girl
on 8/10/11 8:20 am - CA
I had 2 c sections and a sleeve surgery with a hernia repair. I would say the sleeve with hernia repair was WAY easier recovery. I also had my children practically punching me in the stomach every two seconds (they didn't know I had surgery) and still less painful. I took it easy, walked a lot and drank a lot to help and i really thinknit did help. Good luck!!

5'6"
  Dr.  Gregg Jossart  

cattywompos
on 8/10/11 8:27 am
I have a high pain tolerance, in fact it must be written in my charts because they rarely offer me anything.  :)  I have had two c-sections, one was an emergency one where they cut me from belly button to ummm...there and one was the old fashioned one.  VSG was simple in comparison to both.  If I didnt have a constant tugging feeling when I walked I would have been back to work in a couple days.
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Still Fawn
on 8/10/11 8:34 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
My sleeve was a walk in the park compared to both my c-sections. I had virtually no pain at all post op sleeve.

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

Danidan
on 8/10/11 8:51 am
Thanks guys...I have had 4 c-sections and the first one was the worse, after that they were a breeze.  I think I tolerate pain pretty well also...was sleeping on my stomach the night of the c-section with hardly no pain meds! 

I do know that all surgeries are different and recoveries are different but at least now I can kinda have my 4 c-sections in the back of my head saying IF I CAN DO THAT, SURELY I CAN HANDLE THIS!  

Well, Monday is approaching very fast and it seems that my mind is racing a mile a minute about the what if's......But I am still soooo ready to do this an have a new beginning!

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 9:57 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Lol - I'm gonna go the opposite here. I've had 4 c-sections, and VSG/Hernie repair was harder to recover from.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views