I KNOW I'm not supposed to compare my weightloss to others buuuut....

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/11 6:29 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Hey friend, the milk also might not be agreeing with you, and too, if you can maybe do half a scooper at a time, it might not be so sweet.

I used unsweetened vanilla Almond Dream almond milk. Some folks get lactose intolerant right out of surgery.

Also, if you do go to GNC or VS, keep your reciepts, because (in case you do not know you might though!) they will let you trade in a jug of powder you have already opened, not get refunded but trade.

I always resorted back to the Nectar Sweets, Chocolate Truffle.

Good luck!
Sunny702
on 8/31/11 6:27 am - Las Vegas, NV
Ladya where do you get the protein shots from??
acbbrown
on 8/31/11 6:33 am - Granada Hills, CA
Don't do the protein shots - they aren't good for you, and its very misleading because there is no where close to 42 g of protein that your body can actually use.

Try some pre-made shakes if you havent' - muscle milk, premier, EAS, I can NOT do powders, i dont like them, so all of my shakes are pre-made in the bottle or carton. Its probably more expensive but its worth it for me to get my protein in.

Try some "unflavored" whey as well - people add SF syrups and stuff to make them taste better. There are a number of blogs floating around too with good recipies. Don't give up - just keep trying things until you find something you like (even something like boost or ensure or something to get some nutrients in you)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

bluehen
on 8/31/11 6:41 am - New York, NY
Hey Sunny!
9-11 lbs in 2 weeks...I think that's fantastic!
I'm 3 weeks out and have lost 15 lbs...we are averaging about 5lbs a week.  There has never been a time in my life that I lost 5 lbs a week!  Remember we didn't get fat overnight...it's going to take hard work and patience.  :)
As for protein shakes, I love the pre-made Muscle Milk Light Cafe Latte and Banana Creme.  Also, if you take the "option" of liking the shake out and think of them as medicine, at least for me, it makes it easier to down.  My doctor has me wanting to get a minimum of 80 grams of protein in a day.  So my diet consists of 2 protein shakes and 1 meal.  Oh!  And if I'm not drinking the pre-made protein shakes I'm making it w/ 1 scoop of Isopure chocolate and 1 scoop of Gourmet Elite vanilla and either 1/2 cup skim milk (or sometimes 1/2 cup almond milk) and 1/2 cup water.
And finally, what you think is hunger might actually be acid.  If you're not on a PPI, definitely get in touch w/ your doctor.  
:D
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/11 6:34 am - VA
well when i went to the new whey website they were 45 bucks for 12, but i found them on amazon for $26! i got the variety pack that had 4 different flavors. (3 of each kind) all of them when good but i like the blue rasberry the best with lemon crystal lite. i drink half in the morning and half in the eve. let me check and see what seller i bought them from so it will be easy for u to find. brb.
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/11 6:36 am - VA
my nut approved the protein that im using! and as i stated before my levels were great yesterday! soooooooo.......
GiGi W.
on 8/31/11 11:09 am
Thanks for sharing about these. I will look into them on amazon. If your nutritionist approved them I'm sure they are working for you, which is what matters.

tripmom02
on 8/31/11 6:36 am - NJ
 NO protein shots, they are mostly made from protein that the body can not absorb and are useless. If you are finding that the shakes are too sweet, find some savory or unflavored versions that you can add to soups or broths. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Elaine2
on 8/31/11 6:40 am - Atlanta, GA

I know it's frustrating but give yourself more time. You're only 2 weeks out. After a few weeks and getting your fluids and getting more protein, you'll be a losing machine.

About those protein shots----please don't. There are literally hundreds of protein shakes and powders out there to choose from. Sometimes it takes a little time to find one you can tolerate. Particularly if you have lactose problems.

But read these posts from other OH members for a good explanation.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4440059/PSA-Protein-Bu llets-or-Shots-Why-you-dont-want-them/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4423770/The-Problem-wi th-Liquid-Collagen-Protein/

acbbrown
on 8/31/11 6:45 am - Granada Hills, CA
thanks for posting the links. I was trying to find them so no one has to re-invent the wheel.

The vets are on to something lately about the quality of some peoples bariatric team if doctors are actually approving those protein shots (or NUTs or whoever).  People should not always rely on their NUTs to give them accurate information - do the research!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views