Kinda stunned NSV (fixed picture)

LeahBea
on 10/17/11 3:13 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Been a super busy weekend, my sister was in town from DC and went to Chicago yesterday to see a friend and drove back this morning. Needless to say I'm wiped out!

My sister was super suprised by how much I've lost and how I look now, and even said she was proud of me. A big deal considering she was completely against surgery at the beginning of all of this. But while my sister and I were spending time together on Saturday we went to Old Navy to look around.

I didn't know if anything there would fit me yet but I tried some stuff on anyway. And some of it was too big! I also found a dress that I really liked so I tried that on thinking, I have a wedding to go to at the end of the month, it could work...

The first size (XXL) was too big. The XL was a little big too and I thought, by the end of the month when it's time for the wedding there would be no way to pull it off. So I tried the L thinking, "There is no way in hell I can fit into this *****!" And I'll be damned if it didn't fit!!! And actually looks pretty good. Needs some spanx underneath but doable. So I bought it since it was on sale.

I OWN A SIZE L DRESS FROM OLD NAVY AND IT ******G FITS!!!  I'm still amazed and shocked.

Thanks for reading!

edited: fixed the picture! Sorry for the repost but it wouldn't let me edit it!

Leah

Crunchy As Can Be
on 10/17/11 3:21 am - NY
Looks great!
 ~~Emily~~

Pat H.
on 10/17/11 3:26 am
Dang that what we're talking about when we say someone is rocking their sleeve! So cute. And great to hear your sister has come around and is proud of you. Thanks for sharing.

SW - 234.5  GW - 140.5   Met Goal on 5/7/12  

Paige V.
on 10/17/11 3:36 am - Gainesville, FL
whohooo awesome!

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

Mom4Jazz
on 10/17/11 3:37 am

OMG, I remember buying my first old navy large a month or so ago. I remember how I felt, so I know just what you're feeling now.

"Is that me?? Really??"

So proud of you! Keep it up!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

amberblaiz
on 10/17/11 3:41 am - renton, WA
That is so cool! I`m getting to the point now where i`m starting to see the weight lose by how the way cloths fit.
It`s the best feeling in the world to think your not gunna have to buy ridiculously expensive plus size clothing anymore.
I bought a normal sized Halloween costume this year and I would have cried if I wouldnt have been in public lol!
sueannspencer
on 10/17/11 5:32 am - Carrollton, TX
Wonderful . . . and the smile on your face is precious! Keep it up!

Karen-Adventure
on 10/17/11 5:49 am
You look AMAZING.  So happy for you!

Lynnww666
on 10/17/11 6:56 am - Canada
 Damn girl, you look GOOD! Way to go ... you are rockin' that sleeve big time! Be super proud of what you have accomplished.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op