Happy Birthday to ME!!!!

sheilapinkney
on 12/31/11 5:36 am - Calgary, Canada
Yes today is my birthday.   I turned 46 but I feel about 15 years younger since I have lost over 110 pounds.  My outlook on life is so much better and I feel so much better with  myself.  It is so great.  

So I had an unexpected NSV today.  I was not really expecting a gift today since my birthday is 6 days after Christmas and I did receive a very nice expensive camera for Christmas.  We did buy a new camera bag so I considered that my bday gift.  My wonderful hubby surprised me this morning with a gift card to go shopping for clothes that fit me better. 

So we go out this morning, and I figured I would try on a size 16 pants because the size 18's I am wearing were beginning to get a little loose on me.  Well, to my much amazment, size 16 were still to big.  It was suggested I try on a size 14 pants, and I was like, Okay I will try them on but I doubt if they will fit.  Nope pulled them right on and they fit perfectly.  I ended up buying 3 pairs of size 14 pants.  I have gone from a size 28 pants down to a size 14.  Just blows my mind.  When I walked into the store, I was immediately drawn to a pair of pants I really liked, but I could not find a size 14 anywhere.  Completely new expereince NOT being to buy something because they are TOO BIG!!!  I had the store clerks cheering for me after I told them how much weight I had lost and was still unsure what size I was wearing now.  I also told them it was my birthday so I received an extra 10% off my purchase and I was able to get a size large top.  

It has been a great day so far, friends and family coming over a little later for dinner then we will watch the ball drop tonight.  

I love my sleeve, Ana.  

Sheila 

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

onemoretry
on 12/31/11 5:47 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Happy Birthday! Congrats on the size 14, way to go!
ednjen30
on 12/31/11 6:05 am - CA
 Happy Birthday! What a great shopping experience, so happy for you

If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.
       - Anonymous    
ginag70
on 12/31/11 6:11 am
Happy Birthday!
tanieanie
on 12/31/11 6:20 am - WI
Your story gave me goosebumps.  Im sooooo excited for you.  Enjoy your B-day and have a wonderful new year with many more experiences like today!

abrown8434
on 12/31/11 6:21 am - VA
Indeed, Happy Birthday to you! You are so blessed and it sounds like an awesome experience, especially w/the size 14!!!! Such a sweet husband to do that for you as well!

Happy New Year! 

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

katier825
on 12/31/11 7:38 am
What a great treat for your birthday! Congrats!
Phyll H
on 12/31/11 8:17 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with

VSG  8-4-08  -5'5
HW   310
SW   216
CW   172
LW    160
GW   170  
GW    170- 175

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion

phred
on 12/31/11 8:53 am - CO
Twelve more months have elapsed, and I fear
It's another long calendar year,
And your age is one more
Than it had been before.
What the hell! Happy birthday, my dear!

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

Tenacious88
on 12/31/11 9:05 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14
Happy Birthday, Happy New Year.
You're in Sleever joy, enjoy the journey.
Most Active