Miles in 2012 !!!

janielynne
on 1/1/12 3:14 am
I'm trying to think a a really good challenge for myself for 2012.  I'm thinking I will set a goal of how many miles I can walk in a year..

Soooo  What do you all think is a great number...And it should be a BIG challange..

Lets take a poll and see what we all think...then we can keep each other posted..

Does  1,000 miles seem to BIG?

Jane

acbbrown
on 1/1/12 3:18 am - Granada Hills, CA
My tentative goal for now is 3,000 miles of riding, and 500 miles walking/running.

No idea if its too big or too small, but a goal is a goal

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

janielynne
on 1/1/12 3:22 am
Wow that is a great goal.  I don't ride, but that seems like a great number. I'm really hoping to get back into running.  My hip seems to be healing nicely.  We Will see when I start up again.  I'm encouraged by all of your running stories.  It seems like a lot of people have be successful with the couch to 5K program. 

Keep up all your great work.

Talk to you soon

Jane

acbbrown
on 1/1/12 3:44 am - Granada Hills, CA
Ive had to stop running for a couple weeks though bc of some feet issues. Thankfully I can bike and swim to keep myself busy. If I could run right now, Id probably make my mile goal higher, but I have no idea what my feet are going to do this year - at least 500 miles, I know I could walk that on my lunch breaks for a year if I had to

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

kahlana
on 1/1/12 3:25 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Thats about 2.7 miles a day, I walk that daily to and from work fairly easily but I don't have to worry about joint issues right now. I would think it would depend on your health and what you can tolerate right now as far as distance you can walk now. Get a pedometer and track what you are doing on a daily basis for a month. Then you should be able to see how far you are actually walking in a day now and see if you want to up that goal or not.
tripmom02
on 1/1/12 3:53 am - NJ
 Sounds like a great goal! I need to do this too!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

jessicae
on 1/1/12 4:05 am
 i wouldn't even know where to start to set a goal that big! i am trying to run a 5k in april and a 10k in august.  training my own version of couch to 5k (little slower than the actual version).  

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 4:35 am
My goal is to walk/run a 5 K by St. Patricks day by using the couch to 5k program.  Since I walk quite a bit at work I was also considering the walk across america challenge.  This is all great since I don't mind the walking but I need to find some incentive to incorporate more weight lifting to tone up the jigglies.  Let me know what you decide to do.
(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 4:44 am
It's 75 degrees here in Hermosa Beach, and I just did a little over five miles.  I think 1000 miles is a great goal.  Keep us up to date and good luck.
Pkrplyr777
on 1/1/12 4:45 am - CT
I like the idea of 500 - 750 miles.

3 miles a day for 3-5 times a week x 52 weeks.

Free time, life style, physical ability all play a part so I guess you would have to set the goal on a scale.
1=500 miles
2=600 miles
3=750 miles

or something like that.

My personal challenge/goal is to walk/jog 2.5 miles a day 5 times a wee****il I hit goal.
Into it for 2 weeks so far and it's working out ok, but I start a new job on the 9th so...time will probably be an issue.

Anybody want to volunteer to wake my lazy ass up at 6 am Mon - Fri?
Well, anyway....we shall see.
Donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views