help please

Georgie Mayhem
on 3/6/12 3:20 pm - New Zealand
hi I start soft food stage late this week, and the dietitian has not given me that page for some strange reason, she hasnt replied to my email yet.
So when did you start soft food stage, and please list foods that is included in the stage
Many thanks any imput would be appreciated

TheBiscuit
on 3/6/12 3:29 pm - TX
 I started at 3 weeks post-op. Mashed potatoes, instant oatmeal/grits/cream of wheat, scrambled eggs (be careful, this one can be harsh), refried beans, baby food. I tolerated everything fairly well, but in extremely small amounts. Even stuff like cream of wheat, I could only eat 2 to 3 spoonfuls before feeling uncomfortably full.
VSG: 10-13-2011
SW: 287
CW: 178

Georgie Mayhem
on 3/6/12 3:39 pm - New Zealand
what about rice/rissotto?

TheBiscuit
on 3/6/12 3:47 pm - TX
 No, don't eat either of those things. Rice and pasta can be incredibly painful on a sleeve. Most folks don't even attempt it until a year or more post-op. I foolishly tried a spoonful of rice around 2 months out and it was the worst feeling ever. It just sits in there, expanding and being a fluffy mass of uncomfortable. Don't even risk it at this point. You can slowly introduce that kind of thing later, but now is definitely not the time. 

Cream of wheat and grits are basically like oatmeal that has been run through a blender. They come in a box and you add ho****er, stir, add more water, stir, et****il it becomes the consistency of paste. It's mostly fed to babies, but some folks love a bowl of cream of wheat or grits with eggs or butter. You'll be lucky to have just a couple spoons of this sort of thing, though. It has a tendency to feel bad like rice does. 
VSG: 10-13-2011
SW: 287
CW: 178

Georgie Mayhem
on 3/6/12 3:38 pm - New Zealand
whats cream of wheat, and grits
sorry in new zealand sometimes our names are different for food

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 3/6/12 4:32 pm, edited 3/7/12 4:32 am - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
You may call them groats, porridge or farina in New Zealand. Not sure though. Grits are crushed corn made into a meal like consistency. Cream of wheat is a smoother grain like grits.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Michelle from Louisiana

frisco
on 3/6/12 7:27 pm

Kinda lotta carbs ehh???

I think I did yogurt and scrabbled egg......

It also alarms me that your surgeon would let you leave the hospital without complete instructions......especially since you were from out of Country. On the same token.....How could you leave the hospital without demanding complete instructions.......Sorry to rag on you.... just boggles my mind......

At the current time....eating plans are all over the place.....so if your method is to take a random sampling on an open public forum.....than pick and choose.....might not be the best thing......

It may be wise to stay in your current phase till you get instructions to move on.......

Just my opinion/thoughts.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Georgie Mayhem
on 3/7/12 4:32 am - New Zealand
 dont get wrong I was given diet/nutritional guidelines all in a big folder, missing soft food stage only, it tells me to go onto it at 3 weeks post op- 6 weeks, cant rembebber seeing it or I've missplaced it???? all my other info is there but theses 3 pages?
so buggered if I know

Georgie Mayhem
on 3/7/12 8:37 am - New Zealand
Email with the missing information has arrived, so thankyou all for your help!
Yay see thinly sliced deli meat on the list too, anyone else have this??

lanunes
on 3/6/12 8:57 pm - CA
My plan called for 600 calories, < 40 grams carbs, > 70 grams protein, > 64 oz. H20. Most sleeve eating calls for a pretty low carb diet. Eating mashed potatoes, cream of wheat and so on is gonna make it pretty hard when you transition into the real food phase and only eat protein. You will be going through some serious carb withdrawls. My nutrionist only has us on eggs, tofu, greek yogurt, and cottage cheese. That is it for 2 weeks. This will also aid in great weight loss.
      Leslie Nunes              
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views