I overdid it today

econtiff
on 4/28/12 6:10 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 I woke up feeling great so I started a normal Saturday. Let the dog out, made my son breakfast, tidied up the kitchen. Then I took my morning drugs (no pain meds needed) and began drinking my first protein shake since last Saturday because of clears. 

No issues there. I felt it went down easier than water. Watched Rio with my son and took a shower. Then I was worn out so I took a 40 minute power nap. 

Ventured to Wal-mart to get tomato soup ingredients, get home, make tomaoto soup and eat. 

Oh boy. I am not sure if I was eating too fast or not sitting up enough but sleeve was not happy. Gurgle gurgle burp burp. So I had about 4oz of that and now I've taken my pain meds and am going to nap. 

Wal-mart was insane. It was like everything I needed was on all corners of the store so I definitely got my walking in then my back hurts from compensating from my belly. And I can't wear a bra right now b/c it comes across my top incision. 

Anyway, I'm just venting. I thought I was doing better than I was. :(

ruggie
on 4/28/12 6:22 am - Sacramento, CA
Four ounces is a looooooooooooooot for someone not even a week out.... I know it's liquid, but you're still very inflammed....  Just go slow.

Also, be nice to yourself, avoid WalMart.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

econtiff
on 4/28/12 6:25 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 Thanks. I will slow down. I keep having to remind myself. 

And I swear as I was in Wal-mart I was thinking why didn't I just go to Target ? Amazing the difference in those stores. 
Houseband
on 4/28/12 6:50 am
I am 3 months and 2 weeks out from my VSG surgery (56 pounds so far).  It took me two months to get up to 4 ounces.  So I think you should slow down your intake.  I also needed about two to three weeks to feel like I could handle a regular day's physical demands but everyone is different.   Congrats n getting the surgery and changing your life.  I know this is the best thing I ever did for my helth (HBP and diabetes are GONE!)  I know you will be thrilled too.
econtiff
on 4/28/12 3:41 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 Awesome job on your weight loss! I have a mini goal of losing 50lbs by August 7th. Any tips you have are greatly appreciated. 

I tolerated a shake tonight so I'll try tomato soup again tomorrow but much slower :)
edelu
on 4/28/12 7:27 am - los angeles, CA
If you've had no problems getting your liquids in so far you won't have any problems with soup and the like.  i never had an issue.  I'm one of those people who never had swelling, maybe you are too.  So i wouldn't worry about amounts but the one and only experience i had of projectile vomiting was in my second week and with tomato soup.  it was on my list of allows but i think it may of had something to do with the acidity.  Also i must say my activities were not as ambitious as yours this early out.  Seriously /Walmart on a good day is a nightmare. Less than a week after surgery on a Saturday, seriously girlfriend you are a Goddess.
econtiff
on 4/28/12 3:44 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 Thank you! I'll take being called a Goddess anyday ;) 
Now if I just start looking like one lol. 
I made the tomato soup myself with tomato sauce and heavy cream so I thought the acidity was fairly neutral. Could be wrong. Gonna give it one more shot tomorrow and see. 
Glad to hear you had such a good recovery. I am barely swollen anymore and most tenderness is gone. 
Houseband
on 4/28/12 4:35 pm
 I loose weight VERY fast when I stick to liquid protein.  It is much easier to do that the closer you are out of the surgery.  I REALLY want solid food now although this week I am going to try to stick to liquid protein to stsrt up my weight loss again.  

The surgery was the best thing I ever did for myself!  I know you will be very happy you did this for yourself.  I feel so much better with this weight off and exercising everyday has had fantastic health benefits for me.  Enjoy the new you!  Before you knowit, people are going to be marveling at how good you look.
jacreasy
on 4/28/12 8:26 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 lol hope your feeling better, I was sleeved 4-23 as im sure you know that by now lol I went to Foodlion with my mom yesterday and it felt like I was never going to get home. :( I used the timer for the first time today drinking my Carnation Instant Breakfast which was really dinner and I have a bout 3 oz to go... Im ready for the bed and drain out lol PS yes target would be much better! Good Luck

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

econtiff
on 4/28/12 3:46 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 I am glad you're healing pretty well also! I think I forget to drink but today I had 2 shakes and those actually made me feel thirsty so I was way more inclined to drink by the end of the day. 
Keep me updated on your progress!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 284 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views