Liquid diet before the surgery

Mareseatoats
on 5/20/12 6:02 am
Good gracious this has been horrible!  I'm finally at the point that I don't feel dizzy, but I'm difficult to be around that is for sure!!!  The office forgot to do something that the insurance company needed and they had to back-up my surgery by a day and I was furious!!  I'm sure it is because I'm a bit hypoglycemic with only 1000 cal/day.  I have to admit, I cheated a few days earlier in the week because I was feeling so ditzy and couldn't think straight!  My blood glucose is fine...but lordie, this nothing but liquids is boring and unsatisying!

I hope others have cheated and survived...I sure don't want to have to postpone this any longer!!

Thanks for letting me grumble...
VSG on 5/23/12
SW: 315; Preop wt:  255

MONI0919
on 5/20/12 6:14 am - Bayonne, NJ
VSG on 04/25/12 with
I stared my  3 days before the day i was suppose to start just in case  i drink soup only the liquid, i hace  gelatin, and with the time that make me feel full, with the protein too,if you are not hunger  you don't need to eat, so calm down because after surgery you have to be in the same diet for at least a week,

:P
 Im a 5 day to my first month and still eating baby food, 1st stage, cream of soup  and stop like that, so bye bye burgers and all that fatty food, welcome new size new life   and good looking us,

think positive  you going to get it

Mareseatoats
on 5/20/12 6:22 am
Thanks for sharing your experience!  I do feel full now, but the first few days of this I was so darned dizzy I couldn't think straight!  I was not all the focused at work.  Perhaps it was also the withdraw from caffinated coffee.  I can still feel a bit woozy if I've gone too long without anything - kinda like my body is over there and my head is over here.  I'm sleeping less than usual also; seems that I cannot sleep for longer than 6 hours no matter tired I am.  I cancelled my pilates class for today because I felt too weak. 

Can't wait for this part of things to be behind me!  Appreciate the positive thoughts!
VSG on 5/23/12

NomoreXL
on 5/20/12 7:14 am
VSG on 05/04/12 with
The liquid diet is really bad! But I kept telling myself it is for my safety.It shrinks your liver so the surgeon can get to your stomach.The Liver lays on the stomach.My Dr. Said my liver was still very fatty& enlarged.(I even did a liver cleanse to shrink it).I was on it for 10 days!!!The night before surgery I could not take anymore I had 2 peanuts.My husband was eating them and I just could not take it...I had to have something. Stay with it as best as you can.Then your surgeon can get your stomach as small as he can, w/o that liver being in the way. Be Blessed On Your Weight Loss Journey!!=) ~Michelle
NomoreXL

Mareseatoats
on 5/20/12 10:52 am
Thanks so much for your encouragement!!!  I've been drinking the liver cleansing detox tea as well, hope it counteracts my mother's day cheat!!!
VSG on 5/23/12

Therapat
on 5/20/12 7:15 am - CA
I have surgery in 3 days and I was just saying on another post that I was starving with this pre-surgery diet. I was curious if all surgeons did this. I was on protein drinks for breakfast and lunch then a small meal for dinner for two weeks. now 3 days before, it's all liquid. Is that about the same for everyone?

Krissy_67
on 5/20/12 7:25 am
VSG on 04/17/12
I don't know why dr's are so different.  I only had to do liquids the day before surgery and nothing more.  BUT I'm having to find all the answers to all my questions from this site. I don't have a NUT and there is no support groups here and that is so disappointing to me.  I feel so lost.  Came home with very vague instructions and absolutely no one to ask questions to.

sleeve genie
on 5/20/12 10:32 am - Alhambra, CA
Hi there,  i haven't been on here much lately,  used to be night and day for quite some time,  but whenever anyone asked about pre and post op diet i always posted these sites.  There is much good information on these site.  Good luck on your journey  :o) jeani

http://www.sleeveguide.com/uploads/1/7/9/4/1794785/dietguidevged42006feb.pdf
http://www.northwestobesitysurgery.com/pdf/sleeve-gastrectomy-diet.pdf
http://www.cornellweightlosssurgery.org/pdf/dietary_guidelines_sleeve_gastrectomy.pdf

the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Mareseatoats
on 5/20/12 10:54 am
THanks so much, I'll check them out tonight!!  Be well!
VSG on 5/23/12

Mareseatoats
on 5/20/12 10:53 am
Oh my goodness Krissy, but you are doing wonderfully!!  I agree, I've learned so much on this website.  I told the WL team about the site; they seemed surprised to find there was such good support out there.  I know I wouldn't be quite as informed without all of you!!
VSG on 5/23/12

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views