Needing some old advice...

CindyGuice
on 9/25/12 11:50 am - GA
Revision on 02/13/12
I've hit a major plateau. I have been at 150 for 2 months now. Part of it yes is my fault, I haven't been tracking what I eat. I've been doing low carb high protein for the most part, but the carbs have trickled back in. I have managed to stay between 150 and 152 BUT I really want to lose 15 more pounds. I need some old advice about how to start over and go back to the good ole days. I don't remember, as stupid as that sounds, how I lost the first 56 pounds. Any ideas from vets or anyone that has any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you guys! Y'all are always there when  I need you!!! ( i know 600-800 cals, 90 protein and 40 carbs for weight loss phase, but any ideas to jump start it again would be FABULOUS) :)

acbbrown
on 9/25/12 12:09 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I think you need to jump start your motivation first - it sucks to have to cut back, but make a plan, find something that you want more than those pesky carbs. 

It helps me to just....do it. Get started - eat healthy, small portions, exercise - and that re-energizes me and makes me want to stay on track. 

I have a feeling you DO know how you lost those 56 lbs but it wasnt easy so youre blocking it out :)  You can do this. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

CindyGuice
on 9/25/12 12:11 pm - GA
Revision on 02/13/12
Thanks! I am actually sitting here writing down some sort of plan now :)

acbbrown
on 9/25/12 12:14 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 When I need to focus again, I usually spend some time jounraling my thoughts - what's going on in my life, what's stressing me out, what ive accomplished, why i dont want to go back. AFTER I do that - i think about my food for the next week and then go shopping. I spend one day a week preparing/packing my food for the week so that I have no excuses. It takes A LOT of planning - but with a good plan, you can do most anything :)

I see you are in GA - you should check out the OH conference. There will be lots of cool, inspriring people to meet. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

CindyGuice
on 9/25/12 12:18 pm - GA
Revision on 02/13/12
I just might do that! Thanks again. I know I CAN do this, its just a matter of focusing and staying on track. I definitely don't want to gain the weight back and I'm not ready to stop this journey either. 15 to go is a lot better than where I started. Getting back to it NOW!

frisco
on 9/25/12 12:47 pm

Gotta go "Old School Psycho" and fight for the last weight !!!!

You found out how to Maintain...... now get frickin Animal and work for it !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

CindyGuice
on 9/25/12 12:52 pm - GA
Revision on 02/13/12
HAHA!!! Thanks Frisco! Thats one way to put it! I almost spi****er all over my computer! You are such an inspiration and I try to watch everything you put on here, I have fallen behind here lately :( Thanks for always giving everyone such good advice and always putting great food ideas on here!

Rochelle82
on 9/25/12 1:14 pm - OK
I saw a similar post a few days ago, cant find it now and dont remember who said it but... It was something about feeling like we always have another 10lbs to lose. Afterall, most of us have been trying to lose just 10-15lbs most of our adult lives. That maybe she was really happy where she was and needed to reeval the mental aspect of it. She decided she was going to listen to her body and focus more on mantaining. Yes, I know everyone is different and you may really need to get that extra 15 off to be happy, but this is what came to mind first. Good luck on your journey either way!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 461 views