Tuna

Valarie L.
on 10/25/12 1:31 pm - TX
VSG on 10/02/12

I just have to say that as a pre-op and up until a couple of days ago I never realized what a gold mine Tuna is.  There is a great amount of protein in such a little amount.  Definitely going to become a regular in my food choices.

Anyone have ideas for mixing it up a bit?

Thanks,

Val

5'9"  HW - 295   SW - 270   CW - 201

Sheryl G.
on 10/25/12 1:54 pm - IL
VSG on 09/17/12

I completely agree!! I just finished making up a batch of tuna salad to eat over the next 6 days (made six 3-oz servings). Some of my tuna favorites preop were tuna melts and tuna casserole. I hope to find someway to eat those again without all the carbs.

If you change nothing, nothing will change.      

danzeppelin
on 10/25/12 2:13 pm
VSG on 08/15/12
I use 0% fage yogurt with a little diced up pickle and some low fat shredded cheese
OR, I use a little low fat Italian dressing and fresh ground peppercorn with shredded parmesan cheese...that's my fav

Pobearsam7
on 10/25/12 9:33 pm

I think there is a recipe for tuna patties I have not tried it yet but tuna is my go to food

Kelly                

pinkjellybean
on 10/25/12 9:36 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12

I make low-carb tuna melts by just using my ice cream scoop to put two dallops of homemade tuna salad onto parchment paper with a little sprinkled old cheddar and heating it up in the oven!  To die for!  I add a small amount of pickle to my tuna salad too

I generally choose the low-sodium tuna.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Jenfur
on 10/25/12 10:12 pm
VSG on 06/25/12

I know this sounds wierd but I love mixing tuna with some red wine vinegar, it get's rid of the fishy smell.  I then usually add a little shredded cheddar an even a chopped olive or two and sometimes heat it to melt the cheese and other times eat it straight from the bowl.

slatond
on 10/25/12 11:15 pm

Whole Foods makes a tuna salad w/ cranberries. ( It sounded sort of gross so first time I got .. only got like 1 tsp. w/ my salad but it was AWESOME!)

Aussie_in_India
on 10/25/12 11:53 pm - India
Hi - it is my go to lunch for work - small tin with a wedge of laughing cow cheese, or a couple of cherry tomatoes. Also love half a small tin in a one egg omelette - quick, easy dinner that I have at least once a week - yum!
MargeAD
on 10/25/12 11:58 pm - CA

Starkist has a Hickory smoked tuna pouch that has become a lunch staple for me.  For extra zing I add some True Lime sprinkles.  Delish!

twotontunic
on 10/26/12 12:51 am - Nashville, TN
VSG on 10/08/12

Bumble Bee is also making Albacore steak tear off packs and Salmon steak tear off packs in flavors like, lemon and dill, teriyaki,lemon and cracked pepper, etc.  They are fantastic and the marinade flavors are so light that there is little or no sugar. These things are amazing.  I don't know if you have Publix grocery where you live but that is where I found them.

I put them in my Ninja Express chop with some light mayo or cottage cheese, a tiny bit of minced pickled ginger, black pepper, yellow mustard and one litle packet of stevia. BEST tuna salad ever for a sleever.  For me it makes two portions so I pack one away in the fridge for dinner.

Most Active