Are you a water weirdo?

enzati
on 3/31/13 12:57 pm, edited 3/31/13 12:59 pm - Columbus, OH
So since surgery I haven't really cared for the taste of plain water. For awhile I used crystal light, mio, true lemon, etc, but the sweetness got annoying. THEN I found smar****er. (The expensive stuff from the coke company) I don't know what it is about it (added minerals?) but I love it. However it IS expensive and I can't buy it all the time. Has anyone else experienced the "yucky flat-tasting water doesn't sit we'll in my stomach" problem, and what do you drink? Thanks!
Jaime
post-op VSG    
acbbrown
on 3/31/13 1:13 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Im going to go bankrupt over my refusal to drink plain water - and that I only ike powerade zero and Mio liquid. I spend wayyy too much money considering how much I drink every day, but hey...all in the name of health I guess. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

happyteacher
on 3/31/13 1:39 pm

Preop I was a huge water drinker, but could barely tolerate it post op for quite a while.  It is slowly getting easier now and I think I will be able to work myself back to it.  It is so much better than dumping chemicals in it all the time.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Mlkpas
on 3/31/13 2:07 pm - Pasadena, CA

I felt like that for a long time, too.  Over time I got back into the groove of drinking plain water.  I find adding crushed ice really helps.  And I put ice cubes into my water bottle to take to the gym.

I'm 5'2" and 55 years old.  VSG 3/17/10

mary d
on 3/31/13 10:01 pm

I like plain filtered water.  If I want to jazz it up a bit, I put orange peels in it or some true lime.  I can't stand most sweet tasting drinks, except for diet coke and I rarely drink that.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

Jls8877
on 3/31/13 11:21 pm
I can only drink it with lemon juice. I was putting lemon slices in but that got to be a pain in my butt. It's easier just to use straight lemon juice.
oakcliffsleever
on 4/1/13 12:56 am - Dallas, TX

I make iced tea at my desk using the Teavana iced tea maker and loose leave teas.  I have a whole bunch of teas and can choose a different flavor every day.  Some are naturally sweet, with no sweetener added, so they're never too much

thinnersinner
on 4/1/13 1:14 am

My favorite water is smar****er too!  Dang, it's so spendy!!  My other favorite is the Walmart brand berry pomegranate crystal light mix.  After I drink the smar****er, I fill it with the drink mix. 

valentinoAB
on 4/1/13 3:08 pm
Propell zero goes down smooth no calories or carbs... Lots of flavors...
Super Walmart sells 24 fl oz bottles for 1.00$ a piece I stock up every week!!

MacMadame
on 4/1/13 3:53 pm - Northern, CA

There's some scientific explanation for it. I can't remember the details but a friend of mine is a physicist and he explained it to me once. It has something to do with the flavor in the water helping the water to break the surface tension of your stomach fluids. It doesn't have to be something expensive. You can squeeze in some lemon and maybe add a packet of artificial sweetener if you need some sweetness.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active