Would you do it again if you had the option to go back?

wags1104
on 3/27/13 9:23 pm

I've no idea what that is. Time to do more research...

Thanks for your response!

Brandi D
on 3/29/13 12:44 pm

It's the sleeve size the doctor creates.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
(deactivated member)
on 3/27/13 4:09 pm

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!

sarapilar
on 3/27/13 4:25 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

YES, YES and YES!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

horrible_monster
on 3/27/13 4:41 pm
VSG on 02/27/13

I'm only one month out, so I don't know if my feelings carry much weight. But: yes, absolutely. (So far so good.) And the surgery wasn't at all scary. I don't know what additional health issues you might have that could make surgery riskier, but be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. There is a LOT A LOT A LOT of pre-op testing to make sure you're healthy enough for surgery and that any potential risks are mitigated. Of course surgery always carries risks, but you have to weigh those risks against the benefits. Even at one month out I'm feeling the benefits.

Still, I'd advise you to visit the wls regrets forums, and maybe wls failure and wls complications. Know what's out there and what to do to give yourself the best chance to avoid complications and have an easy recovery--and the best chance for success. Be sure you trust your surgeon and his staff. Ask questions. Visit support groups. Read vsg blogs; there are many. 

...and I would strongly advise against the lap band, for all of the excellent reasons others have mentioned.

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

Jenny S.
on 3/27/13 4:54 pm

As a single mom of a 5 year old that had only the help of someone keeping him overnight while I was in the hospital 6 weeks ago YES!!!!  In a heart beat!!!  My surgeon has done thousands of vsg surgeries & has never had a fatality.  The surgery took 20 minutes.  Recovery was a piece of cake.  I drove the very next day & was able to cook, do laundry, do dishes, make breakfast lunch & dinner, give a bath & had no problems whatsoever. 

5' 2" 272 age 41

wags1104
on 3/27/13 9:25 pm

Yea! Also what I needed to hear. When you're the mom, that's it. It's all on you! :)
Good job!

Sleeveless
on 3/27/13 5:58 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Yes, I would definitely get the sleeve if I had it to do over.

Scandrona
on 3/27/13 7:19 pm - Hollister, CA
VSG on 07/30/12

This is the best thing that I have ever done for myself and I would do it again in a heartbeat!! It has made me a healthier happier person (and I'm totally hot now...added bonus :-D!!)  If you are sure this is what you want go for it and don't wait!  I wish I had been able to get it done sooner.

"...If one advance confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." 
                                                                                                               --Henry David Thoreau
"Keep Going" --Sensei Jose Miguel Rosas

wags1104
on 3/27/13 9:28 pm

:D Go hottie!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views