I think my dietician is nuts!

ababenoit
on 7/8/13 9:14 am - LA
VSG on 04/08/13
My dietician is crazy! She got ugly with me because I am eating low carb and I'm in ketosis. She said that ketosis is a fad diet and I won't be able to stick with it. She wants me eating her plan which is nothing but protein, fruit, and yogurt. Which I won't stick with! What do u think?

acbbrown
on 7/8/13 9:23 am - Granada Hills, CA

Not even veggies? That's like...medical malpractice to give that advice....geeeeessss.

You need a plan you can stick with and reflects the life style changes you want to make.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

grayC
on 7/8/13 9:27 am
VSG on 05/01/13
If what your doing is working for you ( which it seems like it is)
Yes her to death and keep doing what your doing...

Tracy D.
on 7/8/13 9:34 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

...or fire her - lol!  ;-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Jennifer L.
on 7/8/13 9:39 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Wow... Ketosis, for starters, isn't a "fad diet"... You aren't taking a pill or doing anything weird. You're working your sleeve in the best way for your own body cause it seems to be working! If you are comfortable where you are, then stay there. Find a new dietician if she was that bad. In all honesty, the diet thats been advised here has been the SAME as my surgeon... low carb, high protein, very low calories. 

I hate when professionals show their ignorance to blantantly

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

ababenoit
on 7/8/13 9:44 am - LA
VSG on 04/08/13
She says low carb, high protein, low calories... But it's just those specific things that she wants me to eat. Protein, fruit, and yogurt. That gets old... I need to find other things. I told her that low carb is working for me... She said she doesn't want me in ketosis though. I told her I eat protein at night and if I cook potatoes for the family.. I limit myself to a tsp of the potatoes and most of the time I don't eat them... But she fussed at me for even doing that. So she confuses me!

Jennifer L.
on 7/8/13 9:47 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I dont understand... if you are high protein and low carb and low calories, doesn't that put you in ketosis? She does sound confusing... and yeah I would hate eating that all day long. Need SOME kind of variety!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

mrsfrogdr
on 7/8/13 9:46 am

I think I am missing something here.   Protein and yogurt (Greek) are low carb.  Most of us add a small amount of fruit to our yogurt to avoid added sugar and artificial sweeteners.  What have you been eating?   Is she concerned that you are not eating enough or that your variety is too limited?

Big Frog Kisses,           
 DAWN   

ababenoit
on 7/8/13 9:53 am - LA
VSG on 04/08/13
You would think that means ketosis.... But she says she doesn't want me in ketosis.... I really don't care what she says.... I feel like this is working for me right now. I'm just afraid once I'm in maintenance and can introduce more carbs that I have to count all this for the rest of my life! I'm ok with watching what I eat... I just dont want to have to count carbs all the time... And I'm scared of gaining back

mrsfrogdr
on 7/8/13 10:18 am

I really don't want to offend you in anyway.  I know a lot of people feel that there is only one right way.  I'm not one of them.  I have seen a lot of people afraid of not losing it fast enough.  I have seen a lot of people afraid of regain.  I was afraid and I have regained.  Not all of it but a lot.  If I could go back, I would worry less about the race to get to goal and more about changing my relationship with food.  I really got so caught up in losing that I forgot about making lasting changes.

Now as far as years out, the tool still works. My problem has become breaking the rules like, drinking while eating and grazing.  Of course I'm not grazing on protein, yogurt, or fruit.   I'm working on detoxing myself from processed carbs as we speak.  I know I can lose fast by getting in to ketosis but, I know I can't maintain it.  I know it won't stay off until I do two things. First, work to develop eating habits I can live with for the long haul.  Second, deal with how I handle my emotions.  

I don't know all of the answers, but I wish you strength, wisdom, and endurance. Eat for life and health.

Big Frog Kisses,           
 DAWN   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views