Super Bowl Sunday - Whatcha Eating?

Nick S.
on 2/7/16 8:26 am - Detroit, MI
VSG on 12/22/15

Well, this day used to be a sacred time of food worship for me and those around me. This year is going to be different. A new menu for a new me! What about everyone else?

B- Chocolate Protein Shake

L- 2oz portion of Cheesy Cauliflower "breadsticks" with 2oz ground turkey queso dip

Snack- low cal chicken enchilada dip, yellow bell peppers

D- Leftovers of lunch most likely!

On a side note, I love beer. Well, I guess I used to love beer. Haven't had a sip in months. I'm thinking of having a Miller 64 light beer during the game. 64 cals, 2g carbs, 0.5 protein. Jury's still out on that one.

Have a good night!

Heaviest: 335   Currently: 190

VSG in December 2015

rhudson
on 2/7/16 8:57 am, edited 2/7/16 9:08 pm - Melrose Park, IL
VSG on 12/09/14

We'll be at an American Legion Veterans and Active Military party in Franklin Pk, IL with pizzas being donated by Pizzas 4 Patriots...but since my husband (a Submarine Veteran) and I ended up putting the entire event together, we secured donations of other food like grilled chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-A, pulled pork, pulled chicken and fried chicken, which we can actually have on the VSG food plan.  Other folks are supposed to be bringing vegetable trays, cheese, fruit, etc....so we should be in decent shape with food choices.  I'll have to update later.  

Have fun everyone! -- UPDATE:  The Veterans/Active Duty Military Super Bowl party ended up being a huge success thanks to my husband and I, we blew everyone's socks off!

Breakfast:  syntrax nectar protein drink

Lunch / Dinner:  ended up with 3/4 piece fried chicken breast with skin removed and green bean salad, 4 bites of thin crust cheese/sausage pizza (and I was scared because I don't do well with pizza crust anymore)

V & Water:  on track

Exercise:  ended up with over 14,000 steps

Surgery Date: 12/9/14 - Highest Weight: 349 - Surgery Weight: 305 - Current Weight: 137
Goal reached in 13 months - 212 total pounds lost including pre-op
(M1: -20) (M2: -18) (M3: -11) (M4: -11) (M5: -14) (M6: -1) (M7: -18) (M8: -7) (M9: -15)

(M10: -13) (M11: -7) (M12: -10) (M13: -10) (M14 -6) (M15: -7) - 168 lbs lost post-op

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 2/7/16 9:18 am
VSG on 01/11/16

B: inspire cream puff protein shake

L: pickled egg

S: cinnabon kcup coffee with premier vanilla for creamer

D: health wise cream of tomato soup

S - if I am feeling peckish: jilly's sf gelatin jello cup

W: 36 of 64

V: half of them

E: getting ready to go for a walk 

Next! :) 

acbbrown
on 2/7/16 10:21 am - Granada Hills, CA

I wouldn't even have dreamed about drinking a beer that early out. It's not even about the cals but your stomach is still healing - no matter how good you feel. I drank tiny bits somewhere around 6-9 months and it burned the hell out of my stomach. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Nick S.
on 2/7/16 10:46 am - Detroit, MI
VSG on 12/22/15

Thanks for the insight. Hard to find facts, it's mostly doom and gloom about drinking your calories.

Heaviest: 335   Currently: 190

VSG in December 2015

Jevelynne
on 2/7/16 4:42 pm
VSG on 10/26/15

My surgeons rule about alcohol was not before 6 months. I may actually go longer than that, but we will see how I feel.

HW: 299   SW: 277.2   VSG: 10-26-2015  Dr. Brian Gluck
Dr Goal Weight : 182.5 Hit Dr Goal 7-23-16
New Goal Weight: 170

mmsmom
on 2/7/16 11:17 am - Woburn, MA

going away in 3 weeks and want to get back to the low end of my goal range before then...but not today lol

B:  1 slice french toast (at a restaurant)

S:  1/2 muffin

L:  nothing formal, a few cheez-its

D: made a lasagna will have a very small piece due to capacity limitations and try to eat mostly the cheese/sauce

S:  maybe a last hurrah ice cream...

stocked up on shakes, siggi's and lean proteins for the week ahead!  dug out my slim in 6 video and aiming to get up and do the video before work... 

VSG on 04/28/2014

happyteacher
on 2/7/16 12:01 pm

Pulled Pork (sliders for the family, just the pork for me)

cheese/meat/cracker tray

coleslaw, maybe... probably not good for the digestive system right now

rice pudding for the family, not so sure for me

chips/salsa/7 layer bean dip

refried beans

mini quiche (appetizer sized)

From there we will just wait and see- not sure how mnay of my children and their dates will be here

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/16 1:44 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Nick, lucky for me unlike a number of Americans I do not worship the football gods, not a judgement I just don't give a flying pigs bum about sports lol. So no super bowl parties for me which helps. As far as the beer again absolutely no judgement but I would think the alcohol might sting your tummy a bit? I was told not to drin****il 6 months out, and I was never a drinker to begin with (I maybe went out for a birthday or something 3-4 times a year) so I might just abstain for life or drink so rarely that it doesn't matter to me. 

B: 2 oz Ricotta Pancakes (recipe is available on Eggface's blog if you want to make them they are amazing)

L: 2 ozCostco Rotisserie Chicken

D: 2 oz Costco Rotisserie Chicken

S: A very thin cracker (Trader Joe's Pane Guttiau) with 1 oz of Brie cheese (my favorite cheese ever)

V: Not yet but before the end of the day

W: Not great but I will get to minimum 64 oz before midnight I have 10.5 hours so I have time

I hope, since you seem to be more enthusiastic about it, you enjoy the Superbowl. I will miss the commercials (always my favorite part. 

poplargreys
on 2/7/16 3:39 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

I don't do organized sporting events, so SuperBowl Sunday has no emotional ties for me.

B - Coffee w/fairlife milk and isopure espresso protein powder

L - Starbucks latte w/splenda

D - repurposing leftover crock pot chicken into an enchilada casserole

S - probably going to need a second protein drink to make my macros, since I failed to plan for being away from home for most of the day and didn't have food with me. 

E - ran around a dog match for a few hours, walked 2 miles with the puppy before the match

V - patch on, B-12 sublingual before bed

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 62 views