Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday 9/22/17

CC C.
on 9/22/17 1:18 pm

I've never been but am really lookibg forward to it!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/23/17 4:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I've never been either, but have always wanted to!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

cappy11448
on 9/22/17 7:07 am

Good morning, all!

QOTD: I am blessed to have a very close friend just a few blocks away. we can walk to each others houses. She and I went to school together, worked in the prisons together, do many projects and outings together, hang out together, Thank God for friends like Kathy. I also have a close friend in San Francisco - who I don't see very often, but every time we are together, it feels like no time passed. We've been friends since the 70's. I am also close to my sister-in-law who is about an hour away. This is a helpful topic because I woke up this morning listing the many things that are not wonderful in my life. Its time to count the blessings instead!

Breakfast - salmon

Lunch - cabbage and ground beef casserole

Dinner - buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole.

snack - cucumber salad with red peppers and peanut sauce - yum and an atkins chocolate candy...

I'm still losing weight, slowly but surely. I have 4 weeks before my trip to drop 6 pounds! I hope I can do it.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Fredbear
on 9/22/17 7:42 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Happy Friday! Vacation starts tomorrow!

QOTD: Most of my closest friends live in the same metro area that I do. Lots of college friends spread around the west coast.

B: protein shake

L: eating out! Probably a chicken lettuce wrap from the deli downstairs in my building at work

S: protein shake

D: probably eating out... have to do laundry, pack, yadda yadda yadda tonight. Need something quick and easy for both me and the spouse. Panda?

E: at least 6 km and 108 flights of stairs

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Gwen M.
on 9/22/17 9:20 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It's Friday. I had great plans to wake up and go to Tai Chi but my body was all "lolz, nope. This is payback for being awake for three hours in the night last night." So I woke up when my drug alarm went off at 10am. Sigh. And now it's 12:11 and I've gotten no school work done and need to get ready to head to PA in a few minutes. Luckily I'll have some time to work before my mom gets home from work.

I registered for 2018's second half marathon today. Since discount code, yo. My ideal racing schedule is 1/2 in March, 1/2 in September, and then 5k and 10k in October. So hopefully this will happen in 2018!

QOTD: My life has been weird. I went to a boarding school in high school which means my friends lived all over the place when they weren't at school. Then I went to college far away. Then I lived in England for 3 years. Then I spent 10 years working events all over the world for a hobby. So my closest friends are totally scattered. Aside from my partners, who eclipse the BFF signifier, I do have two local BFFs and I'm super grateful for them :D They're amazing and different people and I'm glad we found each other!

1: protein shake
2: leftover burger from yesterday
3: no idea, since I'll be with my mom. I assume we'll eat at her CCRC's cafe and I traditionally eat the innards of a chicken pesto sandwich there. Since they don't have many good options for me otherwise.

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: no :( Although maybe mom and I will play ping pong after dinner!!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 9/22/17 10:13 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning!

Moving my right arm better today, can actually type with two hands. Decided to taper off of the pain pills asap, I think they are starting to hinder improvement rather than help at this point. Will probably only take them at bedtime if needed. Started physical therapy today, so am excited to move forward and move my body again!!!!

QOTD-My bestfriend from HS moved to Boston soon after graduation and we lost track of each other until the invention of Facebook, but I haven't seen her in person since 1984. I have two close friends locally. The last 20 years or so I have been a bit of a loner, but am grateful for the few friendships I have cultivated in the last few years.

B-Yogurt w/chia & flax seeds

L-scrambled eggs with jack cheese

S-Chai tea w/vanilla protein shake

D-TBD

E-First walk with Emmy since surgery

Sounds like everyone has a good start to their weekend, enjoy!

yvonnef1964
on 9/22/17 10:29 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hello,

Not having a good day so far,TOM so it's makes me extremely tired and don't feel good.

Qotd my childhood best friend lives a couple miles from me, I usually visit her on Fridays night. Also she's my traveling companion. My other close friends live near me.

B coffee with fairlife milk, ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D cheeseburger no bun and some kind of vegetable

Have a good day

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/23/17 5:10 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Two pluses to menopause (though I'd rather be younger): No TOM and looming retirement. TOM used to suck the life out of me every month. Sorry you have to have that too!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Rachel B.
on 9/22/17 11:33 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

YEAH FRIDAY!!!

QOTD: Well... I have a few good friends that, once together, it is like time stood still and we were never apart. My best friend from my early 20's is about 10 miles away. We haven't seen each other since May 2011 before I moved to VA, but we chat on FB, and it's ALWAYS like we've never been apart. My 'sister' is about five miles away, and when our careers aren't keeping us too busy, we are binging on Netflix and binging on unhealthy take-out. My third is my sober sister in VA. We met through our sponsor. We text every week. She keeps trying to get me to go to Key West with her in May. I'm gonna have to do it some day, but humid island weather in the heat of the summer is not this gingers idea of a good time, especially since there is no sunscreen that will save me. My fourth is another friend I met while working in the DOD/Naval Rehab in VA. A Jersey girl currently in Jacksonville, FL, we're cut from the same cloth. I hate it, but I don't consider myself a good friend. Not good for a single woman with no kids...

AM: SF Almond Rocha White Chocolate Mocha

AM/B/S: SF Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha

L: Cheese sticks wrapped in Pastrami

S: Yogurt

E: Elliptical and Legs

D: TBD

Water and Vites

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Donna L.
on 9/22/17 8:43 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

My best friends live hundreds of miles away, however we have stuck together through so many things. I am grateful to have them.

Cooking for the week tomorrow: turkey chilli with mushrooms (more mushrooms!) and other miscellaneous things, since next week is going to be absurd.

M1: Two eggs, two ounces of turkey.

M2: 1 cup of plain greek yogurt with a squirt of Mio. Yeah, this takes forever to eat which is the idea. It means I don't eat crap at work.

M3: I had Tilapia Yet Again. Probably should get different frozen fish...

M4: 25g protein shake (IsoPure w/water that has a splash of cream).

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active