Recent Posts

Frank_M
on 7/28/19 7:24 am
VSG on 05/14/19 with
Topic: RE: I'm so frustrated. Somedays I feel cursed - only 3lbs weight loss in the SECOND month post op.

I'm 2.5 months post-op and wish my numbers were better too. I downloaded an app called baritastic. I log my food and water intake on there which is pretty easy. When I am honest with my intake I see how the calories add up, quicker than expected. I've added a lot more physical activity in the past couple of weeks and the scale is moving once again. My best advice is to really look at the nutritional labels and not just the "fat-free" advertising on the front of the package. Carbs are my worse culprit. If you can drink more that will help curb your appetite too. Best of luck!

Pegasus0918
on 7/28/19 7:14 am
VSG on 07/24/19
Topic: RE: Officially Hit Onderland!!!

Thank you! This certainly helps.

MotivatedToFit
on 7/28/19 7:12 am

Congratulations! Take it slow it will get better!

NiaLong
on 7/28/19 5:57 am
VSG on 04/22/19
Topic: I'm so frustrated. Somedays I feel cursed - only 3lbs weight loss in the SECOND month post op.

I've struggled to lose weight my entire life. I feel as though my body FIGHTS to keep me fat no matter what.

I am in the second month(I know its just the 28th of July but its practically the end of the month) post op and have ONLY lost 3lbs. I just don't get it. My protein intake is between 60-80 grams, I take my vitamins, I get good sleep, I stay away from ALL sugar. I just don't understand how I can be on the second month and only 3lbs.

I'm just feeling like I'm not going to have good success with this sleeve. I'm not expecting 15lbs every month but with me being 340lbs currently, I expect at least 10.

I'm just upset.

Pegasus0918
on 7/28/19 3:37 am
VSG on 07/24/19

Congratulations!!!!! This is great news!!! I am on day 4 after surgery and feeling weak but pushing down liquids, vitamin water and taking it slow.

Pegasus0918
on 7/27/19 10:15 am
VSG on 07/24/19
Topic: RE: Gastric sleeve was done on July 24

I agree, needed more fluids. How long does the bloating and soreness last?

Pegasus0918
on 7/27/19 10:14 am
VSG on 07/24/19

Hi! I believe I was dehydrated. I increased my liquid intake and the headache faded.

Pegasus0918
on 7/27/19 10:13 am
VSG on 07/24/19

Hi! I have not taken any pain meds but I tried drinking more fluids and the headaches seem to have subsided. Now I am dealing with the bloating and soreness. ?

catwoman7
on 7/27/19 9:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I agree with Teenie. Pain meds (esp narcotics) give some people headaches. Even milder ones like Tylenol 3 with Codeine. I got those (T3C) after one my plastic surgeries - I had to stop taking them because they gave me bad headaches.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 94 views