Confession Time***I NEED HELP SO BE NICE***:)

angela_in_sd
on 1/31/07 10:35 am - El Cajon, CA

You definitely have a lot of stress with the serious family illnesses in your family. I can understand how stress plays a part, I have always been a stress eater.

Here's my suggestion: Try to make good food choices. Instead of the croissant pick something healthy. Instead of the rice, some steamed veggies. I know it's hard to find nutritious food when you are in unfamiliar territory sometimes, but hospital cafeterias usually have a variety of veggies and sometimes a salad bar too, along with a baked meat entree. My prayers are with your family and I am so sorry you're all having so much to bear right now. Take it a day at a time and keep your faith strong. God Bless

Angela
                           My signature
Anita Jo
on 1/31/07 10:37 am - Elmira, NY

Hi there, i am 3 years out and i can eat alot also. i now use a Correll salad plate. it sure does help. Well i would say the steak is good since its protein. how big was the steak? i usually have 3 ozs of meat like steak or chicken when i cut it up it sure does look like alot. 3 ozs is like a deck of playing cards. i would say if you dont eat this stuff everyday then you are fine. we all have our bad days. when i was in the hospital i had pasta and breads and that was on the gastric diet (i had an adominalplasty) i was suprised to get pasta, breads. but it was in small portoins also. 80 ozs of water is wonderful too. i try to get in6-7 20 oz bottles of water a day. water is very good for you. i do eat cashews also but not all the time. i love nuts! i also drink decaf coffee. try to get protein and water in and walk too that will help. other will say go back to the basics. hope this helps. Anita

RNY~Aug.28,2003  Adominalplasty~Jan.19,2007 270/168/150 Surgery/Today/Goal

Afrobeauty1
on 1/31/07 11:03 am - Gaithersburg, MD
it really does help...thank you for being kind.

Life is Good!!!

Jill23
on 1/31/07 11:16 am, edited 1/31/07 11:25 am - Kendall Park, NJ

I highly recommend trying a few overeaters anonymous meetings.

no one will judge you there and you will feel better from the very first meeting.

It is free.

For more info on OA, go to www.oa.org

Here are the meetings in your area--

Meetings Near You

City State Country Day Time Meeting Place
GAITHERSBURG MD USA Monday 7:00PM CHURCH OF THE ASCENSION

GAITHERSBURG MD USA Saturday 11:00AM ASCENSION HOUSE

GAITHERSBURG MD USA Saturday 9:00AM CHURCH OF THE ASCENSION

GAITHERSBURG MD USA Tuesday 7:00PM GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH

GAITHERSBURG MD USA Wednesday 7:00PM CHURCH OF THE ASCENSION

Let me know if you need more help with this or have any questions about OA.

, Jill

Afrobeauty1
on 1/31/07 10:55 pm - Gaithersburg, MD
Thank you so much...I truly appreciate it and I think I will go to one of those meetings. I appreciate it again. Vi

Life is Good!!!

LizWilcox
on 1/31/07 11:21 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Vi, no beatings here, you're doing ok with that your own self!  Sounds like a LOT of stress in your life.  No doubt that's getting the best of you. Just take your time, remember the basics, slow eating, small bites, etc.  Check your own surgeon's protocol on this but fwiw, mine's is 1 C of food total per meal at your stage and for life.

TerryM
on 1/31/07 11:32 am - Losinsum, MD
Hi Vi, No beatings here, but in looking what you listed it looks like you're a little heavy on the carbs.  The steak was good, but how much?  Don't mean to repeat what others have said above.   I was in a six month stall and I've been ping-ponging between 201 and 207 since mid-July.  In fact, the past 4 months it's been between 203 and 207.  Right after New Years I was 207lbs.  I weighed myself this morning and I weighed 200lbs! I haven't weighed that in over 27 years!  I've been eating practically zero carbs (well no starchy carbs such as rice, potatoes or flour type stuff) and I've been focusing on basics (like yogurt with fruit mixed in, cottage cheese, meat and veggies).  I know, sounds pretty bland, but I feel great and the weight has started coming off again.  I'm not sharing all this to toot my own horn, just to give you a sense of hope.  If this is still working for me, it can work for you.  You know what you need to do :-)  I would say go back to basics and stop eating the stuf that's not good for you :-)  I know you're going through some stressful times with your family, but you can do it!   HTH

Take Care,
Terry
330/187/164

Linda_S
on 1/31/07 11:44 am - Eugene, OR
Vi - sounds like you are under a lot of stress.  Do talk to the nutritionist.  If you find you can eat so much, you at least need to make some healthier choices.  Protein first, then complex carbs like whole grains and fruit.  Those croissants can get stuck on your hips really fast!  Hang in there and I hope you get the eating under control. Linda
cathelewis
on 1/31/07 12:42 pm
Vi, I totally feel your pain.  I'm 10 months out, and I went through the same thing about a month ago.  I had really gotten off track with the holidays and a business trip.  The more carbs I ate, it seemed like the more I could eat.  I was hungry all the time, too.  Of course, I had also been on a plateau for a couple of months.  My nut was totally unhelpful...told me to drink milk and I'm lactose intolerant!  I got through it by going back to basics.  I had stopped drinking my protein shake and taking my vitamins, so I started those again.  For my eating, I got back to the basics.  When I started back eating dense proteins first, it was amazing how little I could eat and be full.  I hadn't stopped exercising completely, but I had slowed way down, so I increased the exercise.  And finally the plateau broke and I started losing again! I'm sorry you're under so much stress and your dad and brother are not well.  Sometimes you just have to do the best you can under the cir****tances, and forgive yourself.  Some things to try...  Like some of the other posters have said, try to have some protein for breakfast.  If I eat carbs for breakfast, even oatmeal, I am ravenous until lunchtime.  When I am hungry, I am more likely to make bad choices.  Try to plan healthy snacks, so you're not tempted to grab a bag of candy or whatever else looks good.  I like Power Crunch protein bars.  They've saved me from the vending machine many times.  I also try to avoid caffeine, because it seems to make me hungry.  Half a cup of coffee isn't much, but you might want to try eliminating it and see if it makes a difference.  There is a plateau-buster diet that is frequently posted on the boards.  You might try that for a few days.  It really makes you focus on getting in your protein and eliminating the other junk.  I know exercise is difficult when you've got all the other stressful things going on, but maybe try to get in a walk or something.  A little exercise may help you feel less stressed.   Take care.  100 lbs in 9 months is great! Cathe
Afrobeauty1
on 1/31/07 11:01 pm - Gaithersburg, MD
Thank you all so much for your help. I truly appreciate it...This orning I am eating a yogurt and for luch it will be a salad with chicken on it and I am having a shake for dinner.. I am going down to the gym for 30-40 Mins of straight aerobics...I am really pumped about that. Thank you guys again...I don't need all that food. I appreaciate you all so much!!!  Vi

Life is Good!!!

Most Active