What kind of Chinese food do you order after WLS?

Elizabeth N.
on 2/10/10 5:01 am - Burlington County, NJ
I should probably add the disclaimer that I had the DS and I purposely eat a high fat diet. Chinese place options are better for the low fat, low cal folks if you get the steamed stuff. Those sauces are VERY fatty.
marymother
on 2/10/10 4:53 am - saint john, Canada
For me it's chicken chow mein, wonton soup or sweet and sour soup. The chicken balls are too bready for me and the ribs are too sweet. Just be careful of the amount of sodium in chinese food. This is making me hungry for chinese. Too bad though tonight I am having left over turkey,  "sigh"  Maybe  on Friday.
Higest weight       305 
weight surgery day  Feb 12 2009    251
Current weight     174    
First goal         199   Onederland ( Reached goal Aug 8 @ 198lbs)
Second goal   193    Century Club  ( Reached on Aug 30 2009 )
Third  goal      180 pounds  ( Reached on Nov.23 2009 ) (my personal goal)
Final goal      170 pounds  ( reached Jan 5 2011) ( only stayed that weight breifly)

I'm still maggie from the grove

maggielsmallcard.gif picture by lynnca1972     I LOVE MY RNY !!!

2 years down, a lifetime to go!!!!

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE,  NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE 
marfinlee
on 2/10/10 7:35 am
Actually Chinese New Year is on Sunday 2/14 Valentines day too. Year of the Tiger. I am almost 5 years out and since my DH is Chinese we eat that a lot. I like the Westlake Beef Soup, its Like egg drop but it has Cilantro and small bits of tender beef, some places add crab. Delicious. I usually stay away from fried stuff but DH loves Salt and Pepper Shrimp ( Fried)  I usually get fish fillet in black bean sauce. No sugar added and it is really tasty. Here in Northern CA we have a great Chinatown close by in Oakland we visit a lot( I buy my supplies there) I do a lot of Chinese cooking at home. 
Laura_Illinois
on 2/10/10 10:53 pm - Morris, IL
Thanks for the info. I'm glad a didn't miss Chinese New Year. I can have a Chinese Valentine's Day!

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

rbb825
on 2/10/10 11:06 pm - Suffern, NY
shrimp in lobster sauce or boneless spareribs for me

ElonMyForehead
on 2/11/10 12:46 pm

My favorite Chinese food after wls?  Steamed shrimp with mustard sauce.  Chinese food isn't good for any person who has had WLS. It's all too high in either fat, sodium, carbs or sugar.  My advice is to stay the (bleep) away from it altogether.

meonlybetter
on 2/11/10 1:14 pm - Hughson, CA
Nobody has mentioned Miso (To****oup.   Mmmmmmmmm.  Careful though...can be really really salty depending on the restaurant.

meonlybetter  

marymazilla
on 2/11/10 1:42 pm - GARDEN CITY, MI
egg drop soup
Chicken w/vegetable or snowpeas

Almond chicken but I pick off the breading.

Never do I get the rice or noodles

sometime I get an egg roll but only eat the stuff in the middle.
egg foo young

and woo dip par ( it is shrimp wrapped in bacon in a sauce)

and Chicken or shrimp chowmain

Crab ragoon.

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

Tarrabella
on 2/11/10 1:44 pm - Springfield, IL
My favorite is Mu Shu Chicken or Mu Shu Pork.  It comes with rice and pancakes, but I don't eat the rice or the pancakes.  It's got a LOT of veggies in it - to be honest, I'm not really sure what all of them are, but it's good!  The sauce isn't spicy (hot), but I don't think it's on the sweet side either.  Very tasty!

WheredidMelgo
on 12/2/10 2:18 am - Aurora, CO
Dangit now i want some beef and baby bokchoi or some basic happy family chopsuey
Most Active