So Sick of eating and drinking gross crap

jenysez1
on 9/3/11 4:20 am - LA
I am so sick of eating and drinking gross stuff.  I keep telling myself hang in there, I go to the doctor on Wed and should progress to eating what they call a soft diet.  I am on pureed right now.  At that time since I can eat more, I will only have to do one protein shake a day (which usually I am creative and love my protein Popsicles but I have to mix my medicine in the protein shake)  took 2 bites of ricotta with spaghetti sauce and through that out.  Had some progresso black bean soup yesterday that tasted like dog food (if I actually knew what it taste like)  I know I know, quit *****ing.  Just I guess with everything going on right now, weather, husband unemployed, didn't get my step son because of the weather, just all getting to me now.

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/3/11 4:24 am
 ((((((Jenny))))))))

if stuff tastes bad, don't eat it. as long as you are getting in fluid you are ok for awhile. have you tried Syntrax Nectar?  

get Stawberry Kiwi, mix with water, no medicines.  (mix your medicine with something else, pudding? applesauce? I don't know)

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

jenysez1
on 9/3/11 4:45 am - LA
I have samples, I need to try them.  I tried the lemonaide one with water and ice cubes in my bullet and it came out a frothy mess.  I will have to try the other flavors and just mix with water in my blender ball bottle.

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/3/11 5:03 am
 I assume things will start tasting better to you at some point - not sure with your surgery what is usual. but I would think making your stomach into a brand new pouch might translate into a certain pickiness for awhile!

I'll bet things get a lot better soon!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Ms. Poker Face
on 9/3/11 7:19 am
Nectars mix best with a spoon.  Blenders and/or shaking them make them bubbly and frothy (yuck).

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

jenysez1
on 9/3/11 7:49 am - LA
thanks for letting me know, because I would have a made another frothy mess.

Ms. Poker Face
on 9/3/11 7:20 am
 Nectars mix best with a spoon in a glass.  Blenders and or shaking make them frothy/bubbly.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Kathleen W.
on 9/3/11 4:25 am - Lancaster, PA
The stage that you're in has to be the worst.  I promise you it will get better.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

jenysez1
on 9/3/11 4:46 am - LA
I sure hope so because my soft food stage lasts for 3 mths.  I think I would pull out my hair if I had to do pureed for 3 mths. 

goodkel
on 9/3/11 4:34 am
As multiplepetmom noted, food isn't important right now. You don't need to eat. Your body is using your fat for fuel. Liquids are the priority.

Try one of the recipes floating around for protein coffee. You can also make your own protein smoothies to your own taste.

I found Unjury Unflavored Protein Powder to be innocuous. Not totally flavor-free, but without that heavy metallic protein-y taste. Mix it into shakes, lukewarm coffee, or even stir it into food.

This will get better.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Most Active