nattering nabobs of negativity

mooosie
on 9/4/11 5:49 am - CT

today is a typical ay for me.  i did not sleep last nite and was uncomfortable most of the morning because of  my reaction to swallowing a pradaxa 5 minutes before la

ying down.  so i have taken back to my old habit of staying in bed and not doing anything all day.

yes, i hd breakfast, let dog out and fed cats and read comix but did not stay upright inbetween times.  i finally fell asleep again and woke at 3 pm.  i did fold some laundry and put it away.  i am thinking of what i will do...get dressed and take out the trash.  pull the hose out of the shed and connect it post hurricane irene but so far i am lying in bed and wondering how having surgery is going to change this behavior.  i know i am responsible for any changes but i have tried changing this many times and it never is permanent..  i know the surgery is prone to make people have acid reflux.  only pradaxa does that fo me.  i never had any problems with acid reflux in my lifetime except after starting this one lousy pill.  how will i deal with it?  i cant moti8vate myself to put one foot in front of the other and here im signing up for life changing experience.  who am i kiddingg

no, please dont follow your first instinct and soothe me...i aint looking to be soothed.  th

is negativism is a ymptom of overeating and slowly killing myself.  why am i going for surgery???

who am i trying to fool?  

ive been in therapy all my teenage and adult life.  if i fall asleep, i wont have to deal with this.  so why am i doing this to myself.  you dont know me.  im not fooling myself.  why am i doing this?  either i want to live or i dont.  step up to the plate and do it.  ive lovs 100s of lbs the last was 128 and the reason im seeking the surgery is to stop the weight gain that is creeping up on me. i know this is rambling and my ability to edit is limited but im going to post it anyhow.  im not sure what sort of answer im seeking but i dont want or need platitudes or canned positivism or even cheerleading yew kin dew its.  surgery is not going to change who i am.  ive never been able to change me.  the most i can hope is that losi8ng some weight and the urgery will 1 provide a new focus 2. permit me to move more easily and because of those tw factors i might find a reason and a motivation to get out of bed.

is this a legitimate reason for surgery? 

just one aside...thestayingt in bed is frequent the reflux is only once or 2x a week.  so dont jump to conclusions and yeah, nexium worked for 30 days and then i stopped it.  i can restart it but am not sure its appropriate to take it for so long.....

goodkel
on 9/4/11 6:03 am
I'm certainly not going to cheer you on. GET THE FUCK OUT OF BED ALREADY! Go get yourself some help beyond therapy. If you are on anti-depressants, NEWSFLA****hey are NOT working and you have to DO something about it. NOW.

Maybe all that time in bed is causing your reflux. Have you thought of that??? It is ruining your life, that much is clear.

Get the FUCK UP NOW. Move around and do everything you wrote about even if you don't feel like it. NO WHINING. Just DO IT!

You are absolutely in NO condition for ANY WLS at the moment. Close the computer, get off your ass, and start doing something right NOW. You have a wonderful thin life full of energy and cute clothes ahead of you. But, YOU have to work for it. That starts right NOW.

Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

DebsGiz
on 9/4/11 7:02 am, edited 9/4/11 12:09 am - FL

Damn Goodkel, if I ever need a kick in my ass I do hope you're around to do it!!! LoL

I think this is just what she's looking for!
mooosie
on 9/4/11 11:54 am - CT
it was.  she's good
mooosie
on 9/4/11 8:28 am - CT

that worked.  when i read it, i felt like id been smacked.  got dressed and knocked down some boxes id been meaning to recycle.  took out the trash, too.  didnt do the water hose cuz spozed to rain tnite, tmorrow thes and weds also very humid outside so cant really consider doing outdoor activity.

i dont metabolize antidepressants the right way.  my body burns them up immediately so they work for about a week and then all the sideeffects kick in....loss of bladder control etc.  i had the genome testing so i really do know what im  talking about.  that having been said, i dont know  where else to turn.  i get like this more often now that ive retired...in another post u asked what i was looking for re support groups...i thought there was a chat on line type area and there are support groups but peple start them and then no one shows up after a while and they are all local in nature...except for a few national ones.  i was looking for a local group that was still adtive

thanks for the swift kick....are u in the mil8itary? 

goodkel
on 9/4/11 6:48 pm
On September 4, 2011 at 3:28 PM Pacific Time, mooosie wrote:

that worked.  when i read it, i felt like id been smacked.  got dressed and knocked down some boxes id been meaning to recycle.  took out the trash, too.  didnt do the water hose cuz spozed to rain tnite, tmorrow thes and weds also very humid outside so cant really consider doing outdoor activity.

i dont metabolize antidepressants the right way.  my body burns them up immediately so they work for about a week and then all the sideeffects kick in....loss of bladder control etc.  i had the genome testing so i really do know what im  talking about.  that having been said, i dont know  where else to turn.  i get like this more often now that ive retired...in another post u asked what i was looking for re support groups...i thought there was a chat on line type area and there are support groups but peple start them and then no one shows up after a while and they are all local in nature...except for a few national ones.  i was looking for a local group that was still adtive

thanks for the swift kick....are u in the mil8itary? 

Well, good. You need a swift smack across the back of your head.

Have your doctors been aggressive trying different drug combinations and/or increased dosages? If not, call first thing Tuesday morning and insist on an appointment ASAP. If your doctor won't cooperate, fire him and find another.  This is not an issue you can afford to put down until it is resolved. It is killing you.

Meanwhile, that doesn't give you permission to stay in bed until this gets worked out. Staying in bed is both physically and mentally unhealthy. Didn't you feel better after getting a few things done today?

Make a list of all the chores and projects you would like to accomplish (even the little ones) and be sure to cross a few off your list every day. Do you have any hobbies you enjoy? Be sure to add something fun to your list every day.

There is a mental health forum here on OH where you can find other people struggling with depression and you can always post here on the main board. OH also has a chat room.

Mental Health forum:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/mental-health/

Chat room:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/chatroom.ph p

No, not in the military. Raised by a Navy Commander and an ex-nun, though.

Please report on your progress daily. You can pm me, if you prefer.

You CAN do this!
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

hollykim
on 9/4/11 6:34 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 4, 2011 at 12:49 PM Pacific Time, mooosie wrote:

today is a typical ay for me.  i did not sleep last nite and was uncomfortable most of the morning because of  my reaction to swallowing a pradaxa 5 minutes before la

ying down.  so i have taken back to my old habit of staying in bed and not doing anything all day.

yes, i hd breakfast, let dog out and fed cats and read comix but did not stay upright inbetween times.  i finally fell asleep again and woke at 3 pm.  i did fold some laundry and put it away.  i am thinking of what i will do...get dressed and take out the trash.  pull the hose out of the shed and connect it post hurricane irene but so far i am lying in bed and wondering how having surgery is going to change this behavior.  i know i am responsible for any changes but i have tried changing this many times and it never is permanent..  i know the surgery is prone to make people have acid reflux.  only pradaxa does that fo me.  i never had any problems with acid reflux in my lifetime except after starting this one lousy pill.  how will i deal with it?  i cant moti8vate myself to put one foot in front of the other and here im signing up for life changing experience.  who am i kiddingg

no, please dont follow your first instinct and soothe me...i aint looking to be soothed.  th

is negativism is a ymptom of overeating and slowly killing myself.  why am i going for surgery???

who am i trying to fool?  

ive been in therapy all my teenage and adult life.  if i fall asleep, i wont have to deal with this.  so why am i doing this to myself.  you dont know me.  im not fooling myself.  why am i doing this?  either i want to live or i dont.  step up to the plate and do it.  ive lovs 100s of lbs the last was 128 and the reason im seeking the surgery is to stop the weight gain that is creeping up on me. i know this is rambling and my ability to edit is limited but im going to post it anyhow.  im not sure what sort of answer im seeking but i dont want or need platitudes or canned positivism or even cheerleading yew kin dew its.  surgery is not going to change who i am.  ive never been able to change me.  the most i can hope is that losi8ng some weight and the urgery will 1 provide a new focus 2. permit me to move more easily and because of those tw factors i might find a reason and a motivation to get out of bed.

is this a legitimate reason for surgery? 

just one aside...thestayingt in bed is frequent the reflux is only once or 2x a week.  so dont jump to conclusions and yeah, nexium worked for 30 days and then i stopped it.  i can restart it but am not sure its appropriate to take it for so long.....

yeah agree with your other poster. yeah,Nexium has it's issue but so does the reflux you have from taking the other med. I would take the Nexium and get over it. You can take calcium citrate to combat the worst of the side effects of Nexium.
If you are going to saty in bed and wait  till you die,what difference do the side effects Nexium have matter anyway?

Who are you kidding about getting the surgery? You are trying to kid yourself into thinking it won't matter,won't help/

It will help,even to the minimal degree cause you WILL lose some weight even if you stay in bed all day.

It is to be hoped that after having surgery and losing and keeping off some weight you will come to see it is worth working a little harder for.

If you don't come to see that, at least your family won't have to pay extra for an XXL coffin when you die,KWIM?

mooosie
on 9/4/11 8:31 am - CT

i think i know what u mean...just wonder if one or two episodes a week of reaction to pradaxa warrents another30 days on nexium???

gotta email the doc and ask him.

kels is good, huh? grin 

hollykim
on 9/4/11 10:39 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
yeah,she is,lol. glad u can appreciate her. Re: is it worh the Nexium for one or two episodes a mont? It would be for me. Reflux is a sleep disorder for me pre and post op. I don't let ANYTHING mess with my sleep.

If not sleeping makes you want to stay in bed all day,I think it is worth it for you,too.

mooosie
on 9/4/11 1:21 pm - CT
Hi,

no that isn't why i stay in bed...i have a perverse and pervasive thought that the whole world owes me and needs to serve me so I will stay in bed until someone comes to do that.  of course, nobody ever does ....and i don't even know if that's why i choose to stay but what happens is i wake at 5 or 6 and then start fighting with myself : get up, no I won't, go on, get out of bed......normally, i creep out, let the dog out, take my meds, feed the cats and creep back into bed until i need to let the dog back in.  then the next argument occurs: stay up get dressed, no, i won't i wanna lay down, no get moving no I won't etc etc  i realize this won't change with surgery.  so .....

have a good nite

Most Active