I am ready for Plastics - Question about FSA!!!!!

cmebducks
on 10/18/11 12:16 am
I set up appointments today to "interview" 2 different doctors (was able to get in tomorrow morning for one of them).  I am excited!!  

My question is - has anyone had experience with getting FSA to cover it?  The way I figure it is it is deformity caused by obesity which is/has been considered a disease.  Now to get FSA to see it that way???

I have about $2000 from 2011 that expires March 2012 - if I can get then to allow it I would then up my 2012 contributions to the max.

Thanks in advance for the info:-)

acbbrown
on 10/18/11 1:41 am - Granada Hills, CA
Ive been looking into this because I cant figure out if I want to contribute to mine for that purpose - what it seems is that it should cover the costs as long as you have good documentation that it's medically necessary.  I'd imagine that provision would limit coverage to things that insurance would pay anyways :-/ (at least my insurance).

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Heather :o)
on 10/18/11 10:20 am
I have been very curious about this myself.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Emily F.
on 10/18/11 10:35 am
You need to read the language in your policy. Mine said he had to be prescribed and medically necessary. My surgeon's office said a no go on the fsa for a tummy tuck. If you really needed the money you coudl do it and pay the tax on top.

Read what your policy says.
Most Active