Really Need to Vent to People Who Understand...

GypsyMom3
on 2/29/12 1:37 am, edited 2/29/12 1:39 am
RNY on 09/17/12
So I will try to make this as short as possible. I am currently doing my 6 months of required Dr. visits required by insurance company. This is the most frustrating and annoying process EVER!!!!!!!! UGH! I know it will all be worth it if I do get approved. But I am just getting so irritated the more and more I go see my Primary Care Physician. In the past 5 months... I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and sinus infections all which I had no idea I had until recently. Anyhow... mainly the ONLY reason I am really going to these monthly Dr. visits is so they can have everything documented so I can hurry and get approved for my surgery already.

I just came from my Dr.'s visit today. I had to see the Nurse Practitioner for the first time today. She was rather rude I must say! I got a long lecture for almost 30 minutes about my weight and my life. Really?! I think it's funny how a person who just met you not even a few minutes ago can sit there and make that type of determination without knowing a thing about you. They keep trying to get me to do some "weight loss program" their office is providing but I already told them several times that I did NOT want to waste money on yet another program because I would have to buy all their suppliments and simply do not have money to throw away. It's almost as if they keep trying to change my mind about surgery. And honestly after so many years of considering this... nothing can change my mind. My mind is set. It's just VERY annoying everytime I go for my appt. I have to be lectured and spoken to like a child. They make you feel like your not trying. I have BEEN trying for the last 15 years which is precisely why I have finally decided that enough is enough.

Anyway rant over... Just needed to vent to people who know how I am feeling. Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?
Alicia F.
on 2/29/12 1:49 am
RNY on 04/16/12
Sorry things are not going well.  The NP should not have talked down at you, very unprofessional.

May I ask a question, and I am not sure if this is routine with other people, but my 6 month program or wait time I'm doing is with my surgeon of choice's surgical program they have for surgical patients not my PCP.  I see his dietician/nut Jackie once a month.  March is my last month so, by the end of April I will have had surgery.

Is there any surgical weighloss program that a bariatric program has in your area to help you in this process and not your PCP? Just curious.... 

GypsyMom3
on 2/29/12 2:05 am, edited 2/29/12 2:06 am
RNY on 09/17/12
On February 29, 2012 at 9:49 AM Pacific Time, Alicia F. wrote: Sorry things are not going well.  The NP should not have talked down at you, very unprofessional.

May I ask a question, and I am not sure if this is routine with other people, but my 6 month program or wait time I'm doing is with my surgeon of choice's surgical program they have for surgical patients not my PCP.  I see his dietician/nut Jackie once a month.  March is my last month so, by the end of April I will have had surgery.

Is there any surgical weighloss program that a bariatric program has in your area to help you in this process and not your PCP? Just curious....  Basically all the insurance stated was I needed a minimum or 6 months seeing a Dr. about my weight issues. So I have been seeing my PCP about my weight. He has documented every month my weight and bmi and also his recommendations and follow ups. I am going to meet with the Bariatric nutritionist in March. My PCP wrote me the letter of medical necessity for my insurance company. SO I am praying that I get approved! I am so nervous.
Alicia F.
on 2/29/12 2:19 am
RNY on 04/16/12
Ahhh ok.... gotcha... Coolbeans :)

I wish you the best of luck!  The 6months has gone fast for me and I hope it does for you as well.
I dont recall you saying what month you are in, but it'll go by fast.  its the last month thats getting me... cause I've finished all pre-op testing  and such...  dont think about the time as much and keep yourself busy.... hopefully that'll help with the time goin' by.  it stinks that some ins company's make us do the 6 months thing but i guess its to weed out the ones who have commitment issues.  lol

again, best of luck and time will fly.  :)

GypsyMom3
on 2/29/12 2:33 am
RNY on 09/17/12
On February 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM Pacific Time, Alicia F. wrote:
Ahhh ok.... gotcha... Coolbeans :)

I wish you the best of luck!  The 6months has gone fast for me and I hope it does for you as well.
I dont recall you saying what month you are in, but it'll go by fast.  its the last month thats getting me... cause I've finished all pre-op testing  and such...  dont think about the time as much and keep yourself busy.... hopefully that'll help with the time goin' by.  it stinks that some ins company's make us do the 6 months thing but i guess its to weed out the ones who have commitment issues.  lol

again, best of luck and time will fly.  :)
So far it has been about 5 months. So I have about another month to go. Then they will submit everything to my insurance. EEekkk! LOL
bigtigger1010
on 2/29/12 2:01 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
LOL... thank god I didn't have the 6 month req.... they thought i did, so i did 2 mos... my nurse practioner said sumthing about my weight... I wanted to laugh in her face cuz she was almost as fat as me!!! Once I told her i was going for the surgery she was very excited for me and supportive, but I couldn't believe sumone with the same problem had the audasity(sp?) to judge me!

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

GypsyMom3
on 2/29/12 2:08 am
RNY on 09/17/12
On February 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM Pacific Time, bigtigger1010 wrote:
LOL... thank god I didn't have the 6 month req.... they thought i did, so i did 2 mos... my nurse practioner said sumthing about my weight... I wanted to laugh in her face cuz she was almost as fat as me!!! Once I told her i was going for the surgery she was very excited for me and supportive, but I couldn't believe sumone with the same problem had the audasity(sp?) to judge me!
LOL! I know right... However... I have been noticing the opposite. When the Dr.'s or NP hear or realize I am getting bariatric surgery they actually get rather rude and start the lecturing. Then of course... they offer me "THEIR" weight loss programs that cost money! UGH. No thank you. It's like as soon they find out I am wanting surgery they start judgement on me which is not right in my opinion.
dragonlady004
on 2/29/12 2:06 am - MS
RNY on 02/23/12
be careful make sure they are doing it right i had to redo mine three times have your barertric cor. double check the notes
HW: 465.5 SW: 290 CW: 270         
GypsyMom3
on 2/29/12 2:11 am
RNY on 09/17/12
On February 29, 2012 at 10:06 AM Pacific Time, dragonlady004 wrote:
be careful make sure they are doing it right i had to redo mine three times have your barertric cor. double check the notes
Yea I have been warned by people about that. What exactly should I be looking for? Like why did you have to redo yours? This is so new to me and overwhelming. But the nurse at the bariatric office seem on her game. She knows the ins and outs of the insurance and exactly what is needed to get approved so I am kind of putting my hopes in her hands so to speak.
Crabadams72
on 2/29/12 6:25 am - Silver Spring, MD
I have UHC. Make 100 percent sure that the doctor documents your "talks" with every visit. My dr messed up one of my months so I had 7 months of going to the dr instead of 6. You have to stay on top of things!
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Most Active