WHAT IS THE 5 DAY POUCH TEST?

KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/30/12 8:38 am
I am hearing about the 5 day pouch test to jump start weight loss again but I have never heard of it.

Can anyone tell me exactly what it is and exactly what to do?

I have been stalled for 11 weeks and am frustrated.

I will do anything to get it going again, within reason and in a healthy manner of course.

Thanks to anyone that can help me here.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
MsBatt
on 5/30/12 9:21 am
Hate to break it to you, but the Five-Day Pouch Test is something my friend Kiki Pixley made up several years ago. There's absolutely NO science behind it.
Cindy22706
on 5/30/12 12:27 pm - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
And? you dont need science behind something that works.

KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/30/12 12:29 pm
thanks...and as someone else said, who cares if there is no science behind it as long as it works...lol

i am just willing to try anything as long as it is healthy. 

thanks again.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
(deactivated member)
on 5/30/12 10:00 am
KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/30/12 12:30 pm
thanks...i will take a look at it.

appreciate it so much.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
Cindy22706
on 5/30/12 12:27 pm - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
Its not really to jump start weight loss, but to help you feel restriction again- to tighten the pouch. BTW I dont think its made up... who cares if theres no science behind it, it works.

KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/30/12 12:31 pm
i totally agree with you about who cares about the science of it as long as it works.

thanks.

KIMMIKAK                                                 
paranoidmother21
on 5/30/12 1:20 pm, edited 5/30/12 1:21 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
Well, here's the thing... it works because you don't eat as much! You go protein forward and reduce all carbs, even the complex ones.

You can do that without doing a so-called "pouch test." It isn't a test, it's simply a reversion to an earlier eating pattern. If you want to do that, that's up to you. But it will work (or not) because of the significant calorie/carb restriction.

If you do this, be careful not to drop your calories too low.  Your body, if deprived of too many calories, will slow your metabolism and make it more difficult for you to lose longer and later on should you need to.  That's what got many of us to this point in the first place: dieting at too low a point for our metabolisms to function efficiently for too long.

Talk to your nut and/or surgeon.  They can advise you on a minimum count you should be at for your body at this time.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/30/12 3:03 pm
thanks.  i had already been told to up my calories as i was not getting enough in and i have done this quite some time ago and still not losing again.

i think you and i have discussed this already...at least i think it was you ...lol

had been thinking of doing this to maybe jump start it again....

we will see.

thanks again.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
Most Active